190" & Bigger !

OpeningDay

Alright Guys, I feel like I am a pretty good judge of antlers, but with this Henry's hunt coming up faster than expected, its time to sharpen the skills. Post up your 190" or bigger bucks. Live pics or field photos welcome. Maybe a guess the score type thread on some Monster Bucks? Lets see what you got. Thanks guys

195 gross

Big Nevada Buck.jpeg

This is a young buck with incredible typical genetics. If you’re looking for score, big forks are king. Big front forks are worth more to the score than backs. Big Backs look more impressive…. Take your pick. If he has big fronts AND backs, he will score more than you think.

9817D0DF-EF20-49A0-8144-52C3740AE4AB.jpeg

Yes it is James B. Luiutard owner of jimmy johns and you can bet as sure as the day is long it ain’t subways Jared “youth hunt” fogle.
Ole Jared is taking different types of foot longs to the face these days I’m sure… my buddy who works for Montana fish and game told me ole jimmy is typically buying the Bighorn sheep tags up there, I enjoy his sammies so good for him I guess

Ole Jared is taking different types of foot longs to the face these days I’m sure… my buddy who works for Montana fish and game told me ole jimmy is typically buying the Bighorn sheep tags up there, I enjoy his sammies so good for him I guess
Lol yeah sad excuse of life Jared probably is building points and ain’t stackin up any 180” rams or 200”bucks like jj, but jimmy j, say what you will he makes a decent sandwich when he’s on call

189 6/8” green gross score but close enough. 20 years ago I thought I would kill one better someday. I am still chasing that thought so this one is the only one I can add to this post. I blame it on my itchy trigger finger and the temptation to shoot anything unique, wide, big three point frames, or that gets my heart pounding harder, which does not take much. Deer hunting is a ton of fun for me. Have fun.

5D387852-79FD-4C15-B189-542F986B83FB.jpeg

43D05C17-72D5-4AF3-A8F4-ADCFD29801A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Jesus, everyone on this post is missing the point I’m not much on the dumb a.. score but I know the system well. There are not many bucks over 170” in these pictures God bless everyone for posting your Deer but nothing that takes your breath away not even close, as for 180”ish 190 !! No way!!!

Jesus, everyone on this post is missing the point I’m not much on the dumb a.. score but I know the system well. There are not many bucks over 170” in these pictures God bless everyone for posting your Deer but nothing that takes your breath away not even close, as for 180”ish 190 !! No way!!!
So what do you think the buck I posted up scored? Let's hear it. I know the numbers and can post that up after you give it your guess.

There are great Deer on here for sure, what I was getting at is the score system is a joke, but it has been used forever. I just hate the deductions for this or that you can have a 190' class buck and after they deduct everything he's high 170's. The gross score yes, there are lots of 180 or 90 Deer. I just hate that everyone wants to shoot Bucks that they think will SCORE this or that, has anyone ever been dead on from the field? If you are happy when he's on the ground does it really matter what it scores? Congrats to all who have taken a true giant Muley and hopefully these majestic animals will continue to roam the earth long after I'm gone. Not so sure anymore tho, it is definitely getting tougher for them every year. Good luck this year everyone.

There are great Deer on here for sure, what I was getting at is the score system is a joke, but it has been used forever. I just hate the deductions for this or that you can have a 190' class buck and after they deduct everything he's high 170's. The gross score yes, there are lots of 180 or 90 Deer. I just hate that everyone wants to shoot Bucks that they think will SCORE this or that, has anyone ever been dead on from the field? If you are happy when he's on the ground does it really matter what it scores? Congrats to all who have taken a true giant Muley and hopefully these majestic animals will continue to roam the earth long after I'm gone. Not so sure anymore tho, it is definitely getting tougher for them every year. Good luck this year everyone.
I completely agree with you as mentioned in my Post # 17. This is just for fun. To me, there is "nice", there is "Big" and then there is "Holy &@!$" type bucks. haha. I like seeing them all. If you cant tell, I am very excited for this fall.

IMG_0444[2444].jpeg
IMG_0143[2863].jpg
IMG_0901[5474].JPG
I'm a little late to your party. #1 is mine, 203 ; #2 a friend killed, 224. Maybe #2 will meet your criteria.

Alright Guys, I feel like I am a pretty good judge of antlers, but with this Henry's hunt coming up faster than expected, its time to sharpen the skills. Post up your 190" or bigger bucks. Live pics or field photos welcome. Maybe a guess the score type thread on some Monster Bucks? Lets see what you got. Thanks guys
Test your skills on this one. I have all the measurements.

Here's another one for you to test your skills on. I have the sheds, so I don't know the exact inside spread, but close.

Gotcha.

That buck I posted grosses 207 ⅜" and has
13" of deductions. The pics don't show it, but he has two 1-1⅛" tines coming off the bases of each antler, plus the kicker on the back fork. 29⅞" outside spread. 23" and 21" on the g2s and the g4s are 19" and 17". Extremely tall buck, and it really makes his back forks look weaker than they are.

That thing is a horse.
That was Kaibab 4 years ago, at check station The Game and Fish said they thought it was 7 1/2 year old. He was a tank and I don't know how they make it through so many hunting seasons. I think he was smart , He was in a tiny pocket ,bottom of a thick ravine with 2 does during the rut. Maybe he didn't come out in the open that much....................................BULL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom