????????

huntercameron

have you ever spotted a shed that you never retrieved ? i have a couple times one was brown 4 point that i spotted through my nikons and I spotted a big white 4 point that i spotted through my nikons that i never retrieved .

Nope, I always check them out at least. There have been times when it’s chalky and I end up leaving it. But I can never just leave an antler without going to it. It would drive me crazy if I didn’t check it out I think.

I am in the same boat as SS. I have walked down into a nasty canyon too many times to be real disappointed by how small the antler I spotted really is. Still go if I think there is any chance the antler might be a good one.

I leave a lot of white horn. I like covering a couple square miles than I will lay out small or white horn where you can easily spot it, that way the next guy can spend a lot of time in country I have already covered.

Something is wrong with me, if I saw a set of sheds on one hillside and a buck of similar size on another and I only could choose one (like some guys preparing to hunt the ridge with the sheds and the buck on the move towards the heavy timber), I would go for the sheds! Haha! o_O

Something is wrong with me, if I saw a set of sheds on one hillside and a buck of similar size on another and I only could choose one (like some guys preparing to hunt the ridge with the sheds and the buck on the move towards the heavy timber), I would go for the sheds! Haha! o_O
I thought I was the only one. I'd take fresh sheds over shooting the animal every day.

I’ve left plenty behind but only because I could tell there size and the mystery was over. But if I can’t tell what it is my curiosity will take over and I need to check them out. I keep the ones I leave behind as a piggy bank for those rough years.

North end of a certain mountain in so. utah you can glass down and see piles of chalk. Hiked down the first time I saw them only to learn why they've been left there.

I was on a late season hunt a few years ago and found this elk antler. Looks like a good one….we were in the middle of elk and I never got a chance to hike across that canyon and pick it up. Still haunts me…

D37023E3-9CC7-4259-B1F2-5B885B195AFE.jpeg

72704744-DD96-4536-9C0B-A909A598E3CA.jpeg

I have literally glasses up hundreds of sheds I’ve never bothered to pick up. None of them haunt me. Some areas I hunt have the same sheds on the same hills for the past 20 years. Probably left 20-30 sheds on the mountain throughout 2021.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom