1st ever diy Muley hunt CO 2nd season 2023

He hit the first one, the cross wind at 400+ yards made the shot a little back..another hunter down below us ended up finishing him and killing him.
So when he gets that buck the next day it was the ultimate redemption moment for us..I was giddy like a kid on Christmas

So when he gets that buck the next day it was the ultimate redemption moment for us..I was giddy like a kid on Christmas
Yes we did and we confirmed that. There’s was 4 guys below us which was the direction he ran and we went down there and investigated after we heard the shot. It was the same deer.

Yes we did and we confirmed that. There’s was 4 guys below us which was the direction he ran and we went down there and investigated after we heard the shot. It was the same deer.
My son was sick to his stomach..so deflating but that hunter had the right since he actually killed him. His shot hit him really far back..so it was a relief that he was harvested quickly and didn’t suffer.

My son was sick to his stomach..so deflating but that hunter had the right since he actually killed him. His shot hit him really far back..so it was a relief that he was harvested quickly and didn’t suffer.
The highs and lows of hunting are crazy! Very few things can bring the highs and lows such as big game hunting.

How do you know the first buck that you wounded was harvested by another hunter? Did you go confirm that the deer they took was gut shot? Just wondering 🤔
Why does this matter to you?
Just trying to stir some stuff up?
Did he look above,Or below, your expectations? And why would he care what YOUR expectations are?

Congrats to both of you! Thanks for sharing.

And yep, those muleys are bigger than the TN whitetails. A game cart is nice to have in that terrain. But quartering and packing out isn't as difficult as you might think.

You mentioned a Kansas hunt at the end of the video. I'd be interested in that video also.

Finally, good to have another Tennessean on here! Where in TN are you?

Didn’t watch yet but kudos! Congrats to your son! Not much better than time with your kid chasing it !
Fun stuff !

I read 400 yards plus with cross winds ?

Might advise not shooting in those conditions and get closer ?

Now to your video…

Why does this matter to you?
Just trying to stir some stuff up?
Did he look above,Or below, your expectations? And why would he care what YOUR expectations are?
because if he had not found the buck and confirmed it was killed by another hunter, his hunt should have ended there and tag punched. You dont keep hunting !

Show me where it says that in the Regs.
I don't know that it does say that but if we all just went around popping shots off at bucks and then moving on when we clearly knew they were hit, there would be even less deer than there are now. More of an ethics thing .

Last edited:
I don't know that it does say that but if we all just went around popping shots off at bucks and then moving on when we clearly knew they were hit, there would be even less deer than there are now. More of an ethics thing .
I get it. As long as it isn't a law, it's hard to tell someone else what they should or shouldn't do based on your ethics.

Most people make a reasonable effort to find hit game. Not all, but most.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom