1st season 49 bull

pwrlineman

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-12 AT 07:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-12 AT 07:11?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-12 AT 07:10?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-12 AT 07:09?PM (MST)

Dad and I had a great hunt and both manage to fill our tags. There were elk everywhere untill the snow hit friday and saturday. We were a little disappointed in the quality of bulls and I ended up shooting the second biggest bull seen(5*5). We did see a really good one thursday eve before the opener, but never seen him again. Dad ended up shooting a small bull as the sightings were getting scarce at this point.
We payed for a drop camp from Tom Burch(Halfmoon packing and outfitting) out of Leadville Colorado and would have to say he runs a top notch buisness with great equipment. It was a luxury not having to hoof it in several miles every morning considering the elk were above timberline.
I want to thank everyone for the advice offered
4842284099_3778629995392_998918736_n.jpg

Congrats. How was the other hunters in the area? Did you have the place to your selves?

Any bull is a good bull and that seemed to fit the bill really well.

We never seen another hunter. I guess not to many people wanted to hike into the wilderness. We had been building preferance points in anticipation of drawing a quality tag were there would be limited pressure and we were not disapointed.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom