1X scope for smokepole

S

studpile

I haven't researched this much on the net, usually word of mouth is a pretty good indication of things. Due to my eyesight starting to falter a bit, I need a decent 1 power scope to mount on my muzzleloader. I think the crosshairs will help fine tune a little, instead of the old iron sights.
Does anyone have any experience with a good brand or bad? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

The best 1X out there at present is the Burris 1X EER in a matte finish. Quality glass and rugged contruction will serve you well on your MZLDR.

AZBS
How much is that scope? Would you know who has the best price on it? Thanks..........KattSkatt

I totally agree with AZBuckSnort--it's a great 1X scope. It pulls in slightly more light than the naked eye, the coating also blocks glare really well, and the sight picture is really clear around the edges. Hardly any noticable parallex too.

Also, the extended eye-relief is adjustable from 4" - 24" so it would be great for a scout rifle/brush gun too. So, you might want to consider quick release rings for ease of cleaning your ML, and for use on other rifles.

Burris is a great scope but I think it alittle pricey after you get it you can send it back and for $50 they will put in slim crosshairs so you don't cover up so much of the target. I have a Simmons that comes with a slim crosshair and it works for me. I also use a Leupold/gilmore reddot that works good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom