$2,000 Budget?

legacy

Very Active Member
Let's say hypothetically you had $1,500 - $2,000 to spend on a hunt (which obviously doesn't get much of anything). You wanted to hunt deer or elk preferably in Utah, but would also consider surrounding states. Are there any options available as far as landowner permits, trespass fees, etc...?

I have found in just about everything, you typically get what you pay for.
2K will get you a chance at a 2K elk, if that is what you want. Sometimes you can get lucky and get a deal, especially in this economy. If you can hold off til close to hunt dates, sometimes someone will have a cancellation hunt that might pay off.
I don't know of any killer deals and if I did, I would take them myself, rather than sharing them over the internet.
So, my advice would be to do some investigations on your own. Maybe get ahold of some CWMU owners and ask what their going prices are. Then check with past tag holders to see how they did.
I honestly hope you find the deal you are looking for.

For 2K, i can get there and back, buy a few things i'll need on the trip, and eat a town meal now and again. There is no money for a landowner tag??

If i stop in Nevada for anything more than fuel, it can get to costing a lot more! ;-)

Joey

And when I say $2,000, that doesn't include gas, food, lodging, etc. I won't be stopping in Wells, so I'm safe there :). For that price I'm not expecting more than maybe a trespass fee or similar. I already have a NM landowner elk tag available to me at that price, I was just looking at what else might be available for the same amount. Just trying to weigh my options.

>So, my advice would be to
>do some investigations on your
>own. Maybe get ahold
>of some CWMU owners and
>ask what their going prices
>are. Then check with
>past tag holders to see
>how they did.
>I honestly hope you find the
>deal you are looking for.
>

Already in the process of doing so. Not necessarily looking for a "deal", just for any decent opportunity. A $2K elk is exactly what I'm looking for.

have you got any elk points in utah and what wepon do you choose to hunt with where are you from and how serious are you

>have you got any elk points
>in utah and what wepon
>do you choose to hunt
>with where are you from
>and how serious are you
>

I sent you a PM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom