$2.13 gal in Susanville!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I can't remember the last time gas was so low.

How much is it where you are? Thanks!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

1.89 here!

1.59 in SLC last weekend!

[font color="blue"]"I Don't get No Sleep!I Don't get No Peace!"
[/font]

WoW, maybe i could afford to go hunting out of state this year after all! Gas is always the biggest expense on solo trips.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I don't think it will last Joey. We'll be back up to $3.25 by summer time. It's $2.09 here at the cheapest station. I've been driving the '97 F250 a bit more now that the 6 MPG is a bit cheaper.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

"$1.43 in Grand Junction, CO."

WoW again! Yeah Wiz, never does last does it. My work rig w/tools gets about 8-9 if i don't run it hard.

...and it has to be about supply and demand.

I been reading here and there a bit about oil coming down but anybody care to give us that don't follow maybe as close as we could, a few words in general on why the prices are as low as there are? Thanks!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-16 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]Well there you have it folks. Not everybody happy about the price of gas.

Sorry for your woes there SS! I have no doubt that you'll be landing on your feet!

Joey

Heck a body ought to jump in his rig and take a good long ride just cause it's so darn cheap! lol

Joey

Hey StinkBug!

All I did was Post the Price!

Sure the Hell Ain't a Good Thing here where I live!

Thousands of People Layed Off with no Work/Jobs!

Hey sage!

It Relates back to Crude Oil Prices being so Low!

What Might seem Good for Some,Sure SUCKS for others!

[/font]

$1.69 per gallon in Missoula.

Gas prices are down because oil prices are down. This article explains why oil is down (trading around $30 per barrel when it used to be up around $100). Bad for oil producers and those who work the oil fields, but they again they had it real good for a real long time. Time for the worm to turn.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/business/energy-environment/oil-prices.html?_r=0

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

$2.49 I just filled up this morning. We probably pay more in taxes than in gas in California. If gas fell to $.10/gal our price would be $1.50.

1.61 diesel in South Dakota

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

$1.46 is what I'll pay in an hour or so.

I'm happy for me but honestly, that's too low! Some of my friends who work in the oil fields are being financially injured and/or relocated because of the low prices.

I don't like the wild price swings that we've been on the past few years. I especially hate it when it's way high.

There, I feel better,
Zeke

I Might Fire A couple of the Big-Blocks up for a Short Joy Ride!:D

Other than that,It SUCKS!

[/font]

Well, I'm "finacially injured" when gas prices are approaching 3 bucks a gallon. I was also "financially injured" when the housing crisis hit. Hard to feel sorry for oil folks. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-16 AT 07:08PM (MST)[p]$1.31 at the CEFCO in Killeen, TX today. I have been gassing up for under $1.50 for about 3 weeks now.

The oilfield is dead.

Again.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Filled up the other day at Union 76 for $2.16 for regular.
At RottenRobbies it was 2.05 here in Sonoma County.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-16 AT 00:43AM (MST)[p]Thanks for all the replies guy, pretty good cross the west collection to see how the prices are and vary.

I'm in construction. I place some of the blame on myself cause i don't want to or can't work as hard as i used to but there's a bunch of guys like me, only younger and with families, they been having hard times with their trades too. Our work drought been going well over 5-6 years now. No new work, damn little of what's left to split up amongst the hard core groups that have ridden it out and hoped times would get better. I see it getting a bit better these days.

I'm so used to fuel being high, i wouldn't start the truck unless there was money in it or i just had to go someplace. Work? Fine, i'm out the door.

Next month i get my first SS check. Paying in since mid teens, i decided to take it early at 62. I been living each month on about half the amount of my check. Any of my regulars that need stuff done and i'll be the guy if i can. I see better times ahead and feel blessed for it But at the same time, can understand you guys troubles that work in the oil and gas fields...

Joey

Still $4.49 here in my little town on the central coast...
We live in the coastal strip between LA and SF, along the 101 and 5 corridor, near the refineries. The highest cost of living in CA...

Stop Global Whining

I just drove from Utah to Pennsylvannia and back for the Harrisburg show. The cheapest I saw was $1.18 in Kansas City. Utah and Pennsylvania had the highest prices of the entire trip.

First time I've ever seen I-70 closed when I was coming and going. Weather on the way out and a big rock slide near Glenwood Springs had it closed on the way back.

easymoney, somebody is making Bank off the residents in your town! The local stations tried to do that up here in Lassen-Plumas Co's but somebody sicked the law, exactly what law i don't know, on them and the prices came back down to above normal but reasonably so.

$1.18 a gal, that's what i'm talking about. I could fill one of my 16 gallon tanks for a 20 spot with change coming back. I used to pay $75. for a fill up of one side!

Joey

I was loving $20 fill-ups. Then I just filled up here in Delta Utah this afternoon at Maverik for $1.89 and it was a $30 fill-up, that was a big buzz kill, but ya still better than $75. They will jack it back up to $3.50 this summer guaranteed. They always do. If it's not the price of crude they will blame refinery fires or something else. You can bank on that.

$1.39 in some parts of Phoenix and $1.69 in others. Should be cheap in OKLA. ,Kansas area . I was working in oil field in N Dakota and they said alot got shipped to refineries in Ok. I trucked oil and they also said alot went to Jersey East and Vancouver West. Who knows. There were so many stories and rumors. One rumor i know is true is oil prices were to keep going down and they did. I think it will stay around where it is price wise, mabee a little lower. ONE last thing Gas should be lower with how much oil went down. Should be .75 cents a gallon. Middle man still making money. Glad to be back in AZ too. It was interesting to experience the boom and watch it fall. ghost towns are gonna happen up there.They over built thinking it would last longer. Now they can have there sleepy little towns back with no Money flowing........BULL!

They need to stop letting them flood our market. Its so bad we are shutting wells down. Lifting cost is $16 a barrel. Then we dont get that $30 bucks a barrel as we dont have crude oil like texas.

So come on prices shoot up to $60-80 a barrel to put people back to work.

Question, if oil is under $30. a Barrel, why do i have to pay $7. for a quart of oil at the gas station? I actually asked this question the other day in Susanville when i filled up. No answer... lol

Joey

Yeah, I know Joey. Why isn't the price of a quart of oil going down? It should be about $2.

I heard that OPEC won't cut production and wants to flood the market with cheap oil to break competition (the frackers). It seems to be working.

There are many more people benefitting from low oil prices than not. I too worked in the oil field at one time. I don't feel sorry for the oil industry. They had it good when no one else did.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-16 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]I don't have the answer but im sure it's a refinery that sets the price plus ahipping/trucking.

Also.certain weights of oil can only be found in certain feilds. One of the feilds has oil that many others dont

I did a bit of digging and came across this link that shows just what is in a barrel of oil... 48 gals, i would have thought 55 gal but not so.

http://elsegundo.chevron.com/home/abouttherefinery/whatwedo/what_is_in_a_barrel_of_oil.aspx

So as i read it, one quart of motor oil out of a whole barrel. Maybe we are lucky to only pay $7. a quart! lol

Joey

I stand corrected, thanks! i had read 42 gals the other day, sounded odd to me, put down 48 gals today...odd number.

Joey

"About four pounds of charcoal briquettes"

"Wax for 170 birthday candles or 27 wax crayons."

It takes a whole barrel of oil to give Kilowatt a birthday cake? Sheesh!

>Yeah, I know Joey. Why isn't
>the price of a quart
>of oil going down? It
>should be about $2.
>
>I heard that OPEC won't cut
>production and wants to flood
>the market with cheap oil
>to break competition (the frackers).
>It seems to be working.
>

They should've evaluated that theory a little more before killing their own economies. Hard to break the big players here when they have the capital to jump right back in or invest in assets while they're cheap.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-16 AT 10:16PM (MST)[p]lol,

Today here in Westwood Ca. $2.31 cash price. We have to pay a extra dime a gallon to use a debit or credit card. When they first started that policy, i asked about it and the plus sized female manager came out the open door back room with fire in her eyes and jumped on me and my comment to the checker like stink on catfish bait. Truthfully, i was thankful to get out of there with at least some of my dignity, think i picked a bad day to say something...

edit: looks like a vanishing act happened to stinky's post up between 6 & 8. I hope he didn't get to start thinking again how he was so much better than the rest of us. ;-)

Joey

$2.02 per gallon here in Fremont....saw $1.99 on the road.....just crazy....see how much we were being ripped off by OPEC for years......

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom