2,828 deaths, 155k cases

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I know, I know, case numbers haven't too much importance. But 2,828 deaths now......that's a double since Friday. Friday we were at 1,400+. So about another double in 2.5 - 3 days. Is social distancing and this stay at home stuff doing the job? Like my wife said, what would it be like if we were all still interacting as before? The double in cases could be every day.

Honestly, I thought today we'd get a hit on the stock market given the fact that we won't be "opening for business" anytime real soon. Maybe a month or two of this staying at home and not working thing is built in. ???

I feel bad for those who have been laid off work or hours cut, etc. Hopefully the government checks will help.

But this double every 2-3 days......when is that going to slow? Could it really go up to 5.600 deaths in another 3 days, to over 12k in a week from now? Wish one of you guys would invent a vaccine already. ?
I keep thinking we'll soon see a slow down in death numbers, but it just keeps that doubling crap every few days. Probably ain't getting back to normal until that number at least stabilizes.

One thing that appears to suggest social distancing might be working, is California was the first state to issue "shelter in place" state wide order. Up until today California was solidly in third for the number of cases. However, Michigan just surpassed California, and it appears Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts may overpass it shortly. Just sayin...

One thing that appears to suggest social distancing might be working, is California was the first state to issue "shelter in place" state wide order. Up until today California was solidly in third for the number of cases. However, Michigan just surpassed California, and it appears Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts may overpass it shortly. Just sayin...
True, and I just heard a little snip of NY governor saying the number of deaths there isn't doubling as fast as it had been. That's great to hear!!

Maybe along with social distancing, we should be disinfecting? I remember seeing on the news, China spraying the streets. The stuff must be crazy contagious.

I live in Boise and all of Idaho is under a "stay at home" order by Governor Little as of last Wednesday.

Boise (Ada County) is by far the most densely populated area in the state.

Still, over the weekend, I watched people (from inside my house) walking through my neighborhood and saying "nice to meet you" while shaking hands.

No one has the answers to this pandemic. But if were going to give social distancing a chance to work and "flatten the curve," people have got to exercise some common sense.

If people are dumb enough to shake hands with a stranger in a city ripe for transmission, it's going to be a long haul.

Yall better find a way to get to work. The illness fatalities are nothing compared to the future.

That's the Fed saying that. Not some news monkey trying to scare everyone.

Anybody want to guess what the unemployment rate was at the peak of the great depression? Anybody want to guess what the average age of mortality was at the same time????

Everybody sitting on their asses waiting for a gubmint bailout is going to kill a lot more folks than Kung flu unless we are lucky.

Yall better find a way to get to work. The illness fatalities are nothing compared to the future.

That's the Fed saying that. Not some news monkey trying to scare everyone.

Anybody want to guess what the unemployment rate was at the peak of the great depression? Anybody want to guess what the average age of mortality was at the same time????

Everybody sitting on their asses waiting for a gubmint bailout is going to kill a lot more folks than Kung flu unless we are lucky.
Would you suggest people ignore all suggestions of social distancing and staying home and just go to work? Not following exactly what you think should happen.

Social Distance if you can. If you can't then that's a bummer.

People need to use as much common since as they can but they still need to work.

An economic depression on 350,000,000 will have a far higher death toll than a few months of Wuhan going around.

Your ancestors went to work under a lot higher mortality rate than this is generating. They understood that dying from a disease is a hit and miss gamble. An economic depression will bring forth a thousand new ways to die plus you still have the disease.

Homelessness.
Orphans everywhere.
Hunger.
Illiteracy.
Hepatitis.
Tuberculosis.
Suicides.
Flu.
Violent Crime.

Etc. Etc.

These things feed off each other.

"Even if the government said go back to normal, I’m not sure how many would. I don’t know."

I agree with that statement. The news has people so dam scared no one knows what to do.

It is easy for anybody to tell others to get back to work, when they themselves work out of their own home.... Kind of like having a serf fight in your stead.

Where is This 'CHECK MONEY' Coming From?

You Really Think Our Government Has it Stockpiled Somewhere just waiting to be Sent/Spent/Blowed?

Most People will Buy Some kinda Small Luxury with it rather than Spent on Bills/Food/Etc!

One More F'N Thing for the Workin Guy to Pay For!

PRINT BABY!

PRINT!

Last edited:
5 more weeks as of today when they give the word. I am bored and need another project to do to keep my sanity.
Guess I am going to cover the ceiling in my garage now. That should keep me busy for another couple of weeks.

last night my daughter and daughter in law set up a ZOOM session where all of the family 8 households go online and video conferenced with each other. My niece is due any day so we were all looking at her belly. LOL she is very nervous to have the kid in the middle of this crap. It was a lot of fun and we talked for about an hour since we can't see each other for a while.

You guys should try it, it is the way of the future if this crap keeps up.

I saw a report that NY didn't shut down till they had 15,000 cases. jeezus no wonder they exploded.
What does "shut down" mean? They closed many schools when there were 216 cases statewide. They closed all schools when there were 613 in the whole state. And many of those were in Rochester, over 300 miles from NYC.

I tried to go to Costco this morning because it was open from 8am to 9am for seniors. I haven't been to Costco in over a month. I got there at 8:10 and the line of people went clear around the back of the store. It looked like over half were younger people.

It also looked like a prime Coronavirus factory, so I came home. Humans are the worst animals on earth.

I now know 2 people that tested positive and one is in the hospital right now on a ventilator. Husband and wife....the wife is gravely ill. She's about 50. The husband had gotten out of hospital and the same day, she went in. Pretty sad.

Social Distance if you can. If you can't then that's a bummer.

People need to use as much common since as they can but they still need to work.

An economic depression on 350,000,000 will have a far higher death toll than a few months of Wuhan going around.

Your ancestors went to work under a lot higher mortality rate than this is generating. They understood that dying from a disease is a hit and miss gamble. An economic depression will bring forth a thousand new ways to die plus you still have the disease.

Homelessness.
Orphans everywhere.
Hunger.
Illiteracy.
Hepatitis.
Tuberculosis.
Suicides.
Flu.
Violent Crime.

Etc. Etc.

These things feed off each other.

Dang, Tri, this has to be the 1st time I agree 100% with you on something. I better write this down or snap a pic so that in a few months or years I can look back on this moment!! LOL!

The CDC estamate is 100000 to 200000 deaths in the next 4 weeks. That is IF we maintain social distancing AND only leave homes for essentials.
This is still going to spread, you could have been infected 13 days ago, and if so, you have yourself, been contagous for 4 days, AND tomorrow, you will start becoming ill. If this is the case, everyone you have had contact with, for the passed 4 days, may also be infected. Then, if they are, in around 10 days or so, they will become contagous, 3 or 4 days before they feel ill. Sit down, shut up, keep your distance, and stay the fuk home.

The CDC estamate is 100000 to 200000 deaths in the next 4 weeks. That is IF we maintain social distancing AND only leave homes for essentials.
This is still going to spread, you could have been infected 13 days ago, and if so, you have yourself, been contagous for 4 days, AND tomorrow, you will start becoming ill. If this is the case, everyone you have had contact with, for the passed 4 days, may also be infected. Then, if they are, in around 10 days or so, they will become contagous, 3 or 4 days before they feel ill. Sit down, shut up, keep your distance, and stay the fuk home.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I was talking to my older sister today. She has a memory like an elephant. She reminded me of the Asian Flu that hit in 1957. Mom was in the hospital for 4 days and Dad got sick and missed 4 days of work. She had to take over taking care of the house and me.

They still managed to make the '57 Chevy, :) but 116,000 Americans died and 1.1 million world wide.

As much as I love reading the increase in deaths from day to day. Take a look at the number of those RECOVERING. Last wednesday was the first day that there were more total recoveries than deaths. And since then it has increased over deaths ever since. We are nearly double in the US today and 4 times as many recoveries than deaths in the world.

Tough day for CV-19 in USA today.

We were on track to nearly have this licked in about a week but had some bad states report today ?

Hopefully these are flukes and we get back on track and this isn't evidence of secondary infections.

Screenshot_20200331-223618_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200331-223448_Samsung Internet.jpg

And here's where we currently sit. I'm worried after today's jump we're not going to track back down as his model had predicted. We had virtually leveled off the last five days so it was looking good until now.

Screenshot_20200331-225622_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well I saw tonight that California is waiting on 53k test results so our number is sure to rise.

With the testing/reporting/data chain hopelessly disorganized, all we can try to watch for is trends. I see a trend toward more testing, and I see a trend of people ready to get on with their lives. Both good.

Thank God Ross Perot or his modern equivalent isn't in the Administration or we would have to study these graphs all day.

Responding to the question of do you know anyone who has tested positive, my bookkeeper's sister, a member of our church choir daughter and her boyfriend, a colleague, his wife and son.

It sure seems like it likes killing white dudes here in America more than anyone else. Maybe its just biased reporting by the news.

Dear Tri... We have always, always gotten along. I am not directing this at ewe Butt... Someone asked for Chicks...

This is the best I will offer since I don't need any of you to have a Heart Attack at such unique times.
A Yucky Pooh.jpg

I Present 2020 NON-HUNTING Woman 2 ewe...

Jagerdad :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom