2 day minimally guided option

AkBenjo

Bit of an odd request, but I see a lot of outfitters offering 2 day minimally guided packages (basically a way to put people into the guided draw pool). What I am wondering is, is there part that explains that the 2 days would need to be during the 5 day season, or would it be legal to have 2 days guided scouting the 2 days prior to the season?

Ben

I am also interested in a 2 day package for elk. Anyone have a guide recommendation. So far I have only taken with Kiowa Outfitters.

Consider Jesse @ Wildoutdoors NM

And yes, as stated, it has to be during your hunt and has to be the first two days you hunt. i.e. you can't hunt a few days on your own, then be guided for 2 days. You can't hunt on your own until AFTER you've been guided for the 2 days.

I used 505 outfitters last year. And so did my dad and brother. Was happy with them. I used the minimally guided for archery. My dad and brother went guided 5-day muzzleloader. Dad got a nice bull, and my brother was able to fill his tag with a cow on the last evening.

Or want to apply for Valle Vidal
hey tega52: do you remember this cabin? I bet you do!
I am so grateful to the guy that sent these pictures to me just awhile back not knowing the history of my first ever western big game Elk hunt in NM! And the problem I caused was unbeknownst to me but knownst to everyone else! LOL! I did it that many photos before IPhone cameras I thought it was a little vain but I wish I took more before the IPhone picture phase there’s a lot of memories I wish I could see today. As this was one! Lol

F5B4BD94-4270-48A4-92AC-1E07BE963F85.jpeg

D59EDAA3-7DA2-4BF3-9454-252593FC1F02.jpeg

F57EB96E-B4ED-4EE5-AB1E-BD517D79BA03.jpeg

5465A064-33F4-4D61-99A9-5BA98E1D93FB.jpeg

Last edited:
I used Kiowa last year for 2 days guided and a different outfitter before that. I was happy with Kiowa. I mean if you are doing the 2 day thing you probably don't think you need much help and doing it just for better draw odds. What they did was give us guides that were familiar with the area and took us hunting for 2 full days. Guides were competent so I will use them again.

I used Pete's guys at 505 Outfitters last year for a DIY Muley hunt and was beyond pleased. Both hard working, knowledgeable guides that could spot deer on the moon with a set of 10x42's ;)

I plan to use them again this year and hope to use them fully guided for elk one day.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom