2 Elk Tags?

You can buy more than one elk tag, season and method do not matter. BUT, all archery tags are Type A. All Either sex or Bull tags (rifle and muzzle loader) are also Type A. Some Cow elk tags are Type B. You cannot purchase two Type A licenses. You can purchase a Type A + a Type B license. The regulations spell it out pretty clearly.

Screenshot_20210623-215739_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Or we just need to do what Alaska is starting to do. ?‍♂️

Meh small portion of the state. I know that seems like a lot to you lower 48ers. Glad to see you’re reading my friends article though!

Or we just need to do what Alaska is starting to do. ?‍♂️

I would expect this tactic to spread across the west. The enviros have been pretty successful in exploiting the indigenous folks for their causes.

Meh small portion of the state. I know that seems like a lot to you lower 48ers. Glad to see you’re reading my friends article though!

Right?! Imagine if we close a fraction of that in Colorado, say 9 million acres? See ya!

Right?! Imagine if we close a fraction of that in Colorado, say 9 million acres? See ya!
Yeah the crazy part is of that 9 million less than 500 hunters go there that are not local. Kinda puts it in perspective.

I would expect this tactic to spread across the west. The enviros have been pretty successful in exploiting the indigenous folks for their causes.
Ummm this has nothing to do with environmental groups. It’s the subsistence users pushing this..

Puts your sense of reality in perspective. But most of us already knew.
I would be jaded like you if I had to suffer through Colorado hunting seasons every year. Even though the toughest part of a hunt in CO is finding good beer.

You can buy more than one elk tag, season and method do not matter. BUT, all archery tags are Type A. All Either sex or Bull tags (rifle and muzzle loader) are also Type A. Some Cow elk tags are Type B. You cannot purchase two Type A licenses. You can purchase a Type A + a Type B license. The regulations spell it out pretty clearly.
Slight correction, as all archery tags are not Type A. You can buy an OTC antlerless tag which is a list B tag. See map on P. 38 of the brochure.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom