2 US industries that MUST be saved.

whitetailrick

1. OIL and Gas The Russians and Saudi's are trying to drive the US frackers out of business and drive prices up. This is a huge national security issue.
2. Boeing.... national security along with huge job creator.

I agree with you Whitetail we need to protect some industries for protecting national interest. But I thought it is the opposite the Saudis are tanking the oil market correct me if I am wrong. If I am wrong I dont know how higher price oil hurts the frackers. I would think high oil prices give the US more of a reason too buy from local markets and buy less from over sea markets.
Again correct me if I am wrong I really don't know much about world oil markets.

"Frackers" are service companies paid to pump a proppant laden fluid into the producing formation.

E&P companies (exploration and production in layman's terms) are the ones who pay the "frackers" to complete the wells they drill to flow hydrocarbons to your furnace and gas tank.

A high domestic oil price means good paying jobs, low domestic oil price means a very large supply on hand and fewer good paying jobs, hence the importance of not relying on foreign oil.

The ones who compromise the stability of the O&G industry are the CEO's...

I was just reading on fox buisness that oil could go into the negative price. The US is buying the excess oil right now and storing it at the amount they are currently buying around 2 million barrels a day at that rate the US will run out of storage room in 2 months. Oil production can not be stopped. So if Saudi continues to flood the market because they are mad at Russia for not joining OPEC and the Corona virus stays around through the summer causing drastic reduction of oil consumption in the US and other oil dependent countries (which is the whole world) oil companies could end up paying someone to take there oil.
That would be good at the gas pump but destroy the world economy.

The US is buying oil preserving its own supply. The US won't run out, but US companies will not make as much money, nor will the "frackers". Low wages all around is what will hurt the economy because retail likely won't change price quick enough to match lower wages and the purchase power of the oil industry dollar won't go as far. Can't buy $200 worth of goods if you're only bringing home $125...

Here's a novel idea.

Let America out of its lockdown.

Allow the seniors the CHOICE of how they live their lives.

When in The HELL did America "protect" industry while dictating private business close?

I dont see a lock down? At least where I am at. Plenty of people driving around, going to work, the store etc. I can see why they would restrict movement in a large city.....everyone lives in apartments, close quarters. easy to pass the China Virus. Why risk it? To prove a point? Rebel against the man? We are a week into this, let's not plot to over throw the government just yet.

I live in a little town in Idaho, in fact I live in the country. Our valley is in total lock down. The virus is spreading quick, my sister ended up in the hospital for 2 and half days. All construction just came to a halt and there talking about stopping all non essential traffic to the valley. No one in Blaine county is allowed to leave and shop outside of Blaine county. It’s the real deal here, with more than half the hospital staff sick. I have been hunting in the mornings and working around the farm in the afternoon. I feel blessed I have a freezer full of meat, fresh chicken eggs everyday, and there’s a local greenhouse that delivers. I saw the freezer trucks for bodies in New York City, it would really suck to be in an area where you cannot get away from sick people. If it comes to your community, don’t let your young people interact or it will spread like wildfire.

I live in a little town in Idaho, in fact I live in the country. Our valley is in total lock down. The virus is spreading quick, my sister ended up in the hospital for 2 and half days. All construction just came to a halt and there talking about stopping all non essential traffic to the valley. No one in Blaine county is allowed to leave and shop outside of Blaine county. It’s the real deal here, with more than half the hospital staff sick. I have been hunting in the mornings and working around the farm in the afternoon. I feel blessed I have a freezer full of meat, fresh chicken eggs everyday, and there’s a local greenhouse that delivers. I saw the freezer trucks for bodies in New York City, it would really suck to be in an area where you cannot get away from sick people. If it comes to your community, don’t let your young people interact or it will spread like wildfire.

I don’t know the answer, but a lot of people were exposed. Being an international Ski Resort. I beleive the big problem was when the first cases hit no one took it seriousl. I’ve been in 20 houses this last 30 days working on kitchens and high end appliances. The virus can last 72 hours on stainless steel. Sunday was my last day of work and feel pretty good. My nose dripped yesterday morning and I thought here it comes, thankfully not. I totally agree we have to keep the healthy people working, if only the sick would stay home. We had our first deaths yesterday and I heard the helicopters were flying in and out of the hospital all day long.

Thing is, everyone keeps saying "shut down" as if it's a magic bullet. It's not.
If we shutdown for a month and the virus was gone, everyone would get on board.

But that isn't going to happen.

We have 2 bad choices.

1. Lockdown and go bankrupt, and still get the virus.

2. Do what you can, and still get the virus.

I only do small jobs, so im in folks houses. I am doing what I can, chloroz wipes on hands, most days climbing in and out of Windows.

But me going bankrupt, then dying of a virus just leaves my family in a horrible position.

The reality is if my customers are ok with the risk, and I'm ok, it's truly none of the government's buisness.

And don't tell me about passing disease.

My bids dont include questions about flu, AIDS, pneumonia, strep throat, or hundreds of other things that are transmissible. And I do disaster repair. Plus, some of the jobs I do are in houses so disgusting you could puke(we've done 6 "cat lady" houses).

Serious question? Why is it that most ( if not all) of the times its a woman who is a cat hoarder?

Those jobs even after they pull all the walls, paint the studs, spray bleach entire thing, ARE THE NASTIEST.

I did a shotgun suicide that was 100x better than cat woman.

The last one owned the house next door. The "cathouse" was 1200ft, full basement. 28 cats(that she knew of).

I was there 7 days. I'd take SARS, Corona, and the flu over that thing.

The smell must be something, do you have to pull sub-floors. You know that Oder might just kill Corona

The smell must be something, do you have to pull sub-floors. You know that Oder might just kill Corona
[/QUOTE

Had cement floors.

They ran vents for 2 weeks before I got there.

You could taste that ammonia for a week.

Just typing it I can taste it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom