$20,000 ?????

brutus54

A unit 55 4th season Unit Wide Deer tag showed up on the Hunts & Tags Classifieds forum. $20,000 …. Any takers. ?????

Last edited:
I know of a rancher that sold a 4th season deer unit 67 for $10,000 a few years ago. We used to buy muzzle load tags from him until they got too expensive. The form for the tag is very simple. I would want to get it directly from the rancher to be sure it is legitimate. Also, I believe it is illegal to broker land owner tags. An 801 area code seems suspicious.

I googled the phone # and clicked on the the BBB report associated with that number. I don't put much faith in BBB ratings, so I won't include that, but it's a Utah contractor named James McBride.

I know of a rancher that sold a 4th season deer unit 67 for $10,000 a few years ago. We used to buy muzzle load tags from him until they got too expensive. The form for the tag is very simple. I would want to get it directly from the rancher to be sure it is legitimate. Also, I believe it is illegal to broker land owner tags. An 801 area code seems suspicious.
801 area codes are ALWAYS suspicious

Considering there were only 2 unit-wide tags for that unit/season it wouldn't take CPW much work to see if this is legit or if it's being brokered.

I can't speak to the quality of that deer unit but that's the going rate for quite a few tags out there:

CO Unit 201 elk
NV 231 elk and deer
a half dozen UT CWMU elk tags
$20K would actually be cheap for a bunch of reservation tags
etc

people will pay it if it's legally valid

Someone will buy it I would guess. $20k after a year in which the stock market has skyrocketed isn't much for many who would be thrilled with a 190 buck and that hunt has the potential for that.

I didn't know it was James McBride posting the ad, but I know James. I'm sure he's marketing it for the LO. Maybe he buys tags for himself too. Landowners who don't hunt have no idea how to market a LO tag.

It's ONLY $4,000 per day! ?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom