20 BP's

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Wait or not wait? Non resident with 20 BP's. Looking at 13b rifle and have invested 4-5 years and hoping to get lucky and draw. The goal is 190+ deer opportunity. I use to put in for 12aw late rifle but switched over years back. If drawn will go guided. Is there other hunts that I should be looking at. Can't shoot archery anymore so! Not getting any younger. Any advise?

Just a thought... Arizona allows you to use a crossbow in Archery season, IF you get a letter from your doctor saying that you cannot use a bow. Not sure of the details, but ran into that situation once.

I got lucky and drew 13b archery last year! Get with a good guide I would say. I went with ASG and had a Great experience! We were chasing 6 bucks over 200 inches. The buck I shot finally made a mistake on day 17 and I was able to get an arrow in him! I still have a smile on my face! Good luck in the draw!

3A5A372D-596A-4C71-A749-DF7069CBD9F0.jpeg

Having spent every yr for the past 18 / 20 yrs on both the strip and kaibab if your goal is a 190 class deer then take the 12AW tag and hire the right guide and have the time of your life. If you want a 190 class deer with the chance at a 210/220 class deer then holdout for the strip and hire the right guide. If you would like give me a call and I can provide you with considerably more information. Thanks Dave 602-228-1719

If I draw you will be on a very short list Dave. IF it midnight I hope you will still answer my call.

I will be busy this yr. My wife should have the 13B tag and my son should have the 12AW tag....Based on what we saw/chased and missed last yr....This yr should be fantastic

Number one question

How many non-resident points will it take to get you in the bonus pass for a 13B rifle tag?

Number two question:

How many bonus points will it take you to get into the bonus pass for a 12A W. late Tag?

Number three question:

What is your age and your physical and mental health condition?

Number four question:

What is your financial situation. Can you afford a top end outfitter?

I was in a similar position as you back in 2016 when I drew the 13 B rifle tag.
I have a lot of experience and advice I could give you if you like. If you’re interested send me a PM with your contact info and we can get in touch by phone.
Too much to cover here on this site.

I got lucky and drew 13b archery last year! Get with a good guide I would say. I went with ASG and had a Great experience! We were chasing 6 bucks over 200 inches. The buck I shot finally made a mistake on day 17 and I was able to get an arrow in him! I still have a smile on my face! Good luck in the draw!

View attachment 6521
Good lord man! That thing is a beast. No wonder you are still smiling. Lol
Congrats on an awesome buck.

ABQ,
Congrats on your success. Awesome buck!! I just returned today from Williams. Tons of recreationalist out this weekend. If we get rainfall it's going to be another year for the history books or should I say the record books (knock on wood to avoid the jinx).

rut buck 2.jpg

Best of luck to everyone is this years draw!! If you’ve got any questions please feel free to give me a shout. Always very easy to get away to talk about big mule deer!! I would highly recommend picking an outfitter prior to the draw, all the good ones will fill up minutes Into CC hits, best to get on the lists early! 2020 will be another fantastic year for trophy mule deer. Here’s our 2019 archery and rifle bucks.
Happy Hunting

Bob Dykeman
Shadow Valley Outfitters

2D91A84D-61B7-494D-B944-FC4D55B731C2.jpeg

D1D6A089-42B1-4B8D-856E-33A414D7EA13.jpeg

2F0A7C3E-E8D8-45A0-B2B2-2757937AADC0.jpeg

1B5C19DD-B699-4BFE-9F38-012EAA009236.jpeg

047F9CC1-06AD-45FD-9E85-29BB18A18E98.jpeg

B8689F02-5F6A-4C48-BD35-C363C68E7A2C.jpeg

79999494-40F6-4294-A9B1-E62C5C21F9E5.jpeg

I've been guiding the Kaibab and strip for over 25 years, here is my take.

With 20 non-resident points, there are about 400 non-residents with your points or more. Unless you have another 25ish years you are probably not going to draw a 13B tag. You are still not in the pass for the 12's either, last year the late 12B west and 12a west took 21 points to draw as a non-resident and just assume that it goes to 22 points this year.

If you are looking for a 190 plus buck there is no reason to wait and maybe get lucky for a 13B tag, you should not overlook 13A and for sure the late 12b west and 12a west hunts will all produce that caliber buck you are looking for. Draw odds are about 15% with 23 points for 13A and 5% for 13B with 23.

Best of luck to everyone applying this year to everyone, if you have any questions or want some advice feel free to reach out to me.

Jason Bond
Bond Trophy Outfitters

Best of luck to everyone is this years draw!! If you’ve got any questions please feel free to give me a shout. Always very easy to get away to talk about big mule deer!! I would highly recommend picking an outfitter prior to the draw, all the good ones will fill up minutes Into CC hits, best to get on the lists early! 2020 will be another fantastic year for trophy mule deer. Here’s our 2019 archery and rifle bucks.
Happy Hunting

Bob Dykeman
Shadow Valley Outfitters

View attachment 6570

View attachment 6571

View attachment 6572

View attachment 6573

View attachment 6574

View attachment 6576

View attachment 6577

I’m just curious. How does Jeffrey Row’s buck qualify as one from your outfit? He’s a very experienced and skilled guide for big Strip bucks in his own right, and IIRC, he killed that buck on his own. Not understanding why it’s among your pictures.

I’m just curious. How does Jeffrey Row’s buck qualify as one from your outfit? He’s a very experienced and skilled guide for big Strip bucks in his own right, and IIRC, he killed that buck on his own. Not understanding why it’s among your pictures.
If you listen to the Epic outdoors podcast, episode 162, then maybe you will understand.

Great bucks.

Jeffrey hired us to help him out. Like someone said before, can check out his whole story on the Epic Outdoors Podcast or the upcoming issue of their Magazine. An awesome buck to a very deserving dude. Happy Hunting

Do I have to listen to the podcast or can you all share here?
Basically as said above he hired the above outfitter to help him w cameras, scouting etc. he knew he would be busy guiding in NV leading up to his hunt in AZ so he didn’t have time to scout and knew the type of tag he had. He actually killed his number one buck. Seemed like a lot of cooperation and teamwork involved w all sorts of peeps helping to make the most of his tag. His deer scored he said 240ish

Msolocam, Thanks for explaining. I’m acquainted with Jeffrey, though we haven’t talked in a couple years. Knowing that he used to guide for A3 and now Greg Krogh, I wondered why his picture was among yours, since I know he didn’t need to hire a guide. Hiring you for scouting makes sense, I get it.

He’s a hell of a good deer hunter. Helped another hunter get a 36” 214 buck when I was with them in 13A 4 years ago. And his first hunter shot a buck that went 190” on that same hunt. All around good guy.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom