20 inch 4 pt

ByeByeObamas

How many guys would shoot one on opening day? Lots of talk, but who is humble to say they would. I think I would. Sept 1 ....

My son, yes. My daughter, yes. Myself, not a chance unless he has big enough forks to be 180. I have a friend who shot a 185 Muley with a 16 inch spread.

The AWESOME 20" 4 Point has become TARDvilles Modern Day Trophy!

Not Many TARDS that wouldn't GROUND POUND one if given the chance!

Alot of them little PISSCUTTERS going on the Wall Now Days!

I Guess when 2 Points become the Biggest Bucks You can Find in this State they'll be going on the Wall as Well!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

This depends on the state and area your hunting. Some areas you may hunt a long time before you see something bigger.

My boys and I wouldn't even if that meant we go home empty handed. But that's us but we would be happy for anyone one else who wanted to shoot it.
That's what's nice each of us can pick and choose what we like.

you'll keep in mind not all hunt for horns, A meat hunter would love one of that size.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Not unless he was super tall. I have seen two bucks killed over 180" with only a 20" spread. It is very rare, but special.

I don't like killing opening day because then I have to go back home and go to work. I love my family and my job, but my time hiking around with my bow in hand is sacred.

I do archery in WA. So it is right on the line. Saw one of those bucks the other day and could have probly gotten him. He was actually a 3 pt with eyeguards..

7453520180818172711.jpg

17672pwee7.jpg

This buck is 20 inches wide and scores 175. I'd shoot a 20" 4 point opening day any time. And this was opening weekend.

A three point mule deer buck with eyeguards is not considered a 4 point.
Not with the crowd I've hung out with for the last 60+ years anyway.

Utah general season units. Sure. Kaibab? No. Pauns, no. G in wyom, no.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Interesting question, as I am leaving for my south Dakota hunt on Thursday. I think I would shoot a 20" 4pt opening day if it was in the 145" range. I have told myself going in that a 140" muley or a 130" whitetail would make me happy on this trip. It would have to be a true 4x4 though, not including eye guards. BUT I don't fault anyone for shooting what makes them happy with their tag.

I never meant the eyeguards when posting. Just happened to post a pic of a buck that basically told the story.

I will most likely shoot that buck if i can find him this weekend. And I wont call him a 4 pt. But thanks for the clarification from the guy that pointed that out. He sounds pretty knowledgeable on it.

I play it by ear and have been blessed with some great bucks the past few years. Opening morning is a time to hesitate. Who wants to end the hunt right away? 20" wide doesn't mean much to me. I'm lousy at estimating size in the field and bucks tend to go narrow and tall in this area.

I'm nine weeks out from a total knee replacement which will limit my time and distance in the field this year. I'm a meat hunter who enjoys the recreation of hunting and who tends to hold out for mature bucks, but if I see a younger one this year early on, who knows? Maybe I'll take the shot. We'll see how I feel when I'm looking at the buck (and how the knee is feeling). That's what it usually comes down to.

I would... I haven't killed enough 4-points in my life to pass on them at this point.

Of course, on my 2016 Book Cliffs Hunt, I passed more than 100 4-point bucks. All 2 or 3 year old deer. Many of them would have gotten an arrow or 7mm bullet from me in general season anywhere else.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Like several others have already said, depending on the unit, I would and have. General season unit...Absolutely. Limited or premium limited entry...Probably not, at least on opening morning!

I did shoot this guy a few years back on opening morning with a general season muzzy tag.

17814photo1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom