20 Resident Points Antelope

callsalot

I have 20 resident points for antelope and I'm planning on burning them this year. I'm looking at East Beaty's Butte or West Beaty's Butte First Season or Warner first season.
I know they are all good and it looks like W. Beaty's takes the most points to draw so that would seem to lead you to believe it's best. Just wondering if anyone has strong opinion on which is the best and why. 20 year is a long time to wait.

West is best. probably second only to Hart Mt.

I've hunted Hart a couple times and there are years West BB is almost as good as Hart. a fence is all that divides them. I'm not sure if the refuge will let you access W BB through the refuge or not. if so that will be my next goat hunt once I can draw it in a few years. I'm sure there are alternate way to get there I just don't know them.

We hunted Warner this past year and it was really good. We were in antelope everyday and sorted through them until we found exactly what we were after.

West is best. probably second only to Hart Mt.

I've hunted Hart a couple times and there are years West BB is almost as good as Hart. a fence is all that divides them. I'm not sure if the refuge will let you access W BB through the refuge or not. if so that will be my next goat hunt once I can draw it in a few years. I'm sure there are alternate way to get there I just don't know them.
Thank for your thoughts, I'm leaning this way!

You can drive from the refuge hq all the way to hwy 140 if you can get across guano cr at the south end of the refuge. I came in from 140 and thru Beatys Butte when I had the Hart tag. I was a dirty rough son of a B back then. I'd use a quad If I did it again.

You can drive from the refuge hq all the way to hwy 140 if you can get across guano cr at the south end of the refuge. I came in from 140 and thru Beatys Butte when I had the Hart tag. I was a dirty rough son of a B back then. I'd use a quad If I did it again.
very true, most of the roads down in that general area will rattle your teeth out. I'd recommend an atv or SxS if you have one.

I will recommend West Beatty. All 3 are great hunts. West Beatty was divided into two seasons recently. First season as only 37 tags compared to 60 in Warner.

Sounds like I can't loose either way. Will probably go W. Beatty's I just like the sound of less tags. I have 20 deer points also, maybe go warner deer with that soon.

Just throwing this out there.....we hunted Warner for antelope because we also had enough points to draw deer as well. We went down scouting for both deer and antelope 4 times over the summer/early fall. After getting our antelope we spent the next two days scouting for deer. My dad and I both tagged out with mid 20's 4x4's, but I played hide and seek with a monster 30"+ 4x5 for two days until he left the area and we couldn't locate him again. I had him at 80 yards on the second day but couldn't get a shot because of 5' sage....biggest deer I've seen during hunting season in years, big ol pig.

Anyway, all the time spent in the unit between antelope and deer really paid off for us.

Just throwing this out there.....we hunted Warner for antelope because we also had enough points to draw deer as well. We went down scouting for both deer and antelope 4 times over the summer/early fall. After getting our antelope we spent the next two days scouting for deer. My dad and I both tagged out with mid 20's 4x4's, but I played hide and seek with a monster 30"+ 4x5 for two days until he left the area and we couldn't locate him again. I had him at 80 yards on the second day but couldn't get a shot because of 5' sage....biggest deer I've seen during hunting season in years, big ol pig.

Anyway, all the time spent in the unit between antelope and deer really paid off for us.
Thanks, I'm not sure I can fit the antelope and deer this year and my out of state elk hunt but I'll be looking you up when I head to Warner if you don't mind.

Just a thought, you're most likely not more than 5 years from drawing a Hart tag. I've hunted pronghorn in 4 states and taken two book goats and I can say Hart was the most fun pronghorn hunt I have ever been in on. I have 17 points now and I'll probably put in for Hart until I draw again or die whichever comes first.

I burned 18 points and hunted WB 2 years ago. Great hunt. I wouldn’t wait for Hart. Many of the animals go back and forth between the units. If you draw PM me and I’ll send you a map where I found bucks. A quad or UTV is ideal for hunting. You can do it in a truck but will be a rough, slow ride.

I know where you're talking about and they do go back and forth in that area. but there are more on the refuge, and a lot more on the refuge that don't go back and forth.

No question Hart is a much better hunt. whether it's worth the wait is debatable , in my opinion it's worth a few more years but to some maybe not.

I have 20 resident points for antelope and I'm planning on burning them this year. I'm looking at East Beaty's Butte or West Beaty's Butte First Season or Warner first season.
I know they are all good and it looks like W. Beaty's takes the most points to draw so that would seem to lead you to believe it's best. Just wondering if anyone has strong opinion on which is the best and why. 20 year is a long time to
Take a coin and toss it between west beatys and Warner, they’re equal in all aspects and best in state.

Thanks everyone, I won't wait for Hart because if I draw this year I'll have long enough to hunt a good unit again before I get to old. I'll probably go W.B.Butte due to the limit tag numbers. Thank you.

I know where you're talking about and they do go back and forth in that area. but there are more on the refuge, and a lot more on the refuge that don't go back and forth.

No question Hart is a much better hunt. whether it's worth the wait is debatable , in my opinion it's worth a few more years but to some maybe not.
There hasn't been a really big buck killed off hart in the last few years, it's going down hill pretty bad.

I burned 18 points and hunted WB 2 years ago. Great hunt. I wouldn’t wait for Hart. Many of the animals go back and forth between the units. If you draw PM me and I’ll send you a map where I found bucks. A quad or UTV is ideal for hunting. You can do it in a truck but will be a rough, slow ride.
My wife drew the second season Beatys. Ive hunted the east a few years back was thinking to go back east. Now reading all these comments would it be better to go west? If so any pointers?

Back
Top Bottom