20 Year Anniversary Sub/Tropical Fishing and beach?

elks96

Long Time Member
Well Next December will be 20 years for the Wife and I. We have never taken a vacation without the kids. Hardly even a weekend. But for our 20 year we are thinking a trip. I am looking at options for some place warmer/tropical with some fishing and relaxing…

Some ideas on the radar are Costa Rica, Belize, etc. Florida? We want decent warm weather, 70s or warmer.

Don’t want super fancy, but a clean place.

There are so many options. Do you have any good suggestions? All inclusive resort or a good BNB someplace with fishing charters?

If you have had a great experience with a resort please share… Or a bad definitely share…

Crocodile Bay Resort Costa Rica

American owned and operated, friendly and family oriented. Great fishing, amazing staff and service. Many trips and adventure tours available. My wife loved it there. Oh yeah, 5-star spa to relax in

Crocodile Bay Resort Costa Rica

American owned and operated, friendly and family oriented. Great fishing, amazing staff and service. Many trips and adventure tours available. My wife loved it there. Oh yeah, 5-star spa to relax in
That is funny. It has been on our radar as a family trip. But maybe we need to do it for us first…

However they are requiring the Vaccine which might take them off our list. I forgot about COVID BS might be heading to Florida…

Last edited:
Sun palace Cancun.

Adults only, couples only.

If you don't mind the drug war, that's the spot. Quiet, great beach, no kids. Heaven

Hotel Playa Del Sol in Rancho Buenas Vista on the East Cape of Baja. We loved the little town of Los Barilles so much we bought some property there. Very chill spot and probably the best fishing in the world. We caught 4 tuna and 2 marlin in one morning fishing, another guy I talked to caught 8 marlin in one day. Incredible, and very inexpensive compared to the other spots mentioned. Cabo and Cancun are expensive and over crowded in my opinion. And I have been many times.

I fished with two different guides one day on the flats with my own fly gear. Guide was OK. It had rained a lot. Made sight fishing hard. The wildlife was spectacular tho.

Then I did a half day of reef fishing with the wife. Nothing big or too exciting but constant action. It was fun. Guide was good. I don’t remember the tackle quality but I’m a tackle snob so I probably would have remembered if it sucked.

lots of places here in fl depending what your looking for. keys for best fishing but the west coast of fl from naples up to sarasota are all good areas., plenty to do and see and fishing can be great inshore and bottom fishing offshore

lots of places here in fl depending what your looking for. keys for best fishing but the west coast of fl from naples up to sarasota are all good areas., plenty to do and see and fishing can be great inshore and bottom fishing offshore
I have been looking at an air bib in Florida, then doing a boat and gear rental and exploring. I have looked at different boat rentals. I was thinking we could find a place on some place
Like key largo and rent a boat to explore with etc.

Not finding a ton of info on this idea, but have found some really cool videos of guy fishing the canals in kayaks etc.

Do you have any insight? I am not interested in key west, been there and too many tourist and too busy especially when a cruise shows up. Like Largo, marathon etc.

Cocoa beach Florida. East coast. Plenty of direct ocean beach condo rentals and fairly quiet. But it’s getting more attention the last 10 years due to the port expansion. Port Canaveral is right there where many cruise ships dock. Disney is less then an hour away. There are fishing charters out of the port

We had a direct ocean front condo there for over 30 years. Father in law worked for nasa there on the shuttles years ago.

Sanibel on the west coast is also very nice.

I have been looking at an air bib in Florida, then doing a boat and gear rental and exploring. I have looked at different boat rentals. I was thinking we could find a place on some place
Like key largo and rent a boat to explore with etc.

Not finding a ton of info on this idea, but have found some really cool videos of guy fishing the canals in kayaks etc.

Do you have any insight? I am not interested in key west, been there and too many tourist and too busy especially when a cruise shows up. Like Largo, marathon etc.
largo, marathon and islamorada are all good for that stuff. almost every canal has snapper and other stuff to catch and can be done with a kayak.

there are places to fish from shore around there also but they can be crowded on weekends with people from the Miami area.

if you can rent a boat you will have alot more options, they reef is very close and offers alot better fishing if the wind is down. if the wind is up you can fish on the bayside but its very shallow and you need to stick to the channels if your not certain where your going its easy to tear up a prop or end up stuck for waiting for the tide to come in.

i am in the naples area and run boats for a living, so if you end up anywhere near here i might be able to get you out one day.

Well Next December will be 20 years for the Wife and I. We have never taken a vacation without the kids. Hardly even a weekend. But for our 20 year we are thinking a trip. I am looking at options for some place warmer/tropical with some fishing and relaxing…

Some ideas on the radar are Costa Rica, Belize, etc. Florida? We want decent warm weather, 70s or warmer.

Don’t want super fancy, but a clean place.

There are so many options. Do you have any good suggestions? All inclusive resort or a good BNB someplace with fishing charters?

If you have had a great experience with a resort please share… Or a bad definitely share…
Consider Mazatlan, Mex. Lots of offshore fishing for billfish, dorado, etc., plus there are two largemouth bass fisheries within an hour's drive.

If that sounds somewhat appealing, I have a week available at my 1-br deluxe timeshare in the most desirable resort in the area -- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay -- for cheap. Normal rate is north of $200 per night. All I'm looking to get out of it is my annual maintenance fee, which is less than $1000. AI is also available for a fee.

1644174674670.png

1644174700607.png

book Costa Rica through costco travel....if anything goes wrong their support is second to none.

Panama is good too....

All inclusive is the way to go.

Good land Florida, 10,000 islands. We rented a pontoon boat from there and went out. Caught a bunch of fish on our own. There’s also a lot small islands you can park at by yourself. Not as busy as the keys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom