200 inch blacktail

I can tell you this.....the buck was killed approx 25 miles inside the B&C boundary. It may not look like a blacktail but it's been seen by and hunted by people the last several years. He is a smoker.

theridge, yes he's a horse , is quite an online tussle going on at BTC over weather or not is a "true" blackie ,,, someone said he came out of B-3 if i remember correctly ,,, was from private prop ? 25 or so miles from I-5 in B-3 is either last of ranches or beginning of NF just curious , looks more mulyish to me :) if i'd a seen him probably would have dropped my rifle ,, :) and NO i'm not asking the eggzact place LOL , mostly just curious as we have hunted above Paskenta quite a bit , usually we go to Corning and go in & out , but one year we went out to the next road to the south , name of the road escapes me , Elk Creek ? anyway was through some ranch country we saw TONS of deer , anyway who cares if is a lost muley or a cross or a blackie , is in BC blackie boundries so thats that :) and yes from the one pic i saw of him he is a smoker ,,,,,

Yup that thread over at BTC is getting alittle nasty. The buck, based on that one bad pic does look alot like a mulie or cross. Some are even claiming that it was shot east of I-5 and brought across but this is to be expected when someone shoots a big buck unfortuantly. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. One thing for sure, it's a heck of a buck!

I've been going to B3 for 50 years and I have to admit I've never seen a buck look like that.It does look like a mule deer to me and my brothers and we have seen 1000,s of deer thru the years,if it is a blacktail it must be a freak of nature or something...Devlin

If it goes big time as a potential WR or something along those lines they will do DNA testing and stuff like that pretty amazing stuff they can do now they will go where the guy said he kill the deer do a ground sample analize all of the minerals and then run a test on the Bucks horn IF and only if the same mineral content that is found there is found in the deer then it will be accepted as the New WR otherwise they will disallow this buck. So either way he is a stud and to be honest he sure looks an awful lot like a Modoc County Buck IMO.
Dave

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-06 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]sorry boys but that buck was killed up in Sask canada, on the indian res, pure muley...

as a matter of fact I have a frontal view got it off a canadian website last year so it was killed in 04, I'm not at home now but I'll see if I can find the pic later when I get home...peace

43ea38016aa1621c.jpg

hell I would pay for an DNA TEST ON HIM!
MULE DEER BUCK PERIOD!
I don't care what people say!
rm

43eaa83a0fe0e258.jpg

here it is...Guys I'm a muley nut and a blacktail master, I have seen tons of pics of monster bucks from all over the continant, I can't belive some of the crap rumors that start and from where is what gets me..?..

Gotto be a mule deer- look at his body size. He'd be the biggest blacktail I've ever seen. No way is that a blacktail.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom