2003 archery mulie

K

ksbuckhunter

Here's a pic of the mulie i took during my first serious season bowhunting. He weighed 240 lbs and has 8 scorable points on the left side and 7 on the right. He scores 200 6/8 nontypical. Thats my 53 lb red wing hunter im holding in the picture that i took him with. Spotted him, followed about 2 miles on foot before he caught the doe he was trailing and bedded with her. I got downwind, crawled within 70 yds and then called him within 20 yds with a grunt and a bleat can. Great website by the way. Thanks and good hunting.
ps........he was almost 32 inches wide on the outside....got the mount back today......looks great on my wall.
mattshull22204.jpg

ksbuckhunter:

Now that's a great way to make your first post here on MonsterMuleys.....Just post a MonsterMuley. :) Congratulations and welcome to the site and archery forum. We all look forward to your posts in the future.

BOHNTR )))------------>

Nice buck and that is way cool you took him with Traditional gear. I am hoping to get my first Traditional harvest myself this year. Shooting my recurve is a lot more harder but a lot more fun than shooting my compound.

Mark

I thinks calling a big muley buck to within bow range is almost unheard of!

Wow! What a dandy there ksbuckhunter. Congrats.

Cheers,
Pete

reply to last two replies lol.........I think the grunt and bleat just got his curiosity aroused more than anything. I was in a wheat stubble field, crouched behind a large "fire bush". He could see i was there, buth thanks to good camo , couldnt tell what i was. After the first two grunts and bleats his head swung around when he was laying down. I grunted again harder this time and he stood up and looked right at me. I grunted once more and did a couple bleats with the can and he came straight at me till he was 15 or 20 yds away. Then he started circling, trying to get north of me and smell me. He knew right where i was just didnt know why the weed was sounding like a deer. i dont nessecarily think he thought i was a deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom