2003 hunts

joebuck

Well it's the new year, fess up you guys, who has their sheep hunts planned for the upcoming season? I've been planning mine on the sly so my wife doesn't get too worked up. I usually give her the heads up about the end of may if I'm going for the August 1 opener.

JoeBuck,
Depends how the job situation goes, but I may be up north guiding this summer. Don't know if I'd get any sheep hunting in myself. If I'm not busy though, I'm planning on doing a big horse trip in the high country down south looking for big mulies. Sheep aren't open in the unit I plan on hunting.

BTW, I was up at our glassing spot and noticed fresh vehicle tracks there. Were you up there yesterday? I've seen a couple decent bucks above the house here but nothing other than a couple little four points up there. Not a single sign of moose up there either.

It's the other way around in my house, the wife already has a Stone sheep hunt book for August. Oh well, at least I get to go along with the video camera. Think I might pick up an elk tag too.

Steve, who are you going to work for? If you need help finding an outfitter give me a shout, I have a couple connections.

Hey Steve I just read your post in another section. Who are you guiding bear for in the spring? I ask because we're not sure if the govt is pulling the plug on our program this spring and I may be looking for work.

Geoff,
I'm working for Adams Lake Outfitters. They've got 40 clients booked from Europe. Some will have two tags. That's a lot of bears. I think I'll be tired of skinning by the end of the season.
I've sent out e-mails to several outfits and have got some good responses. I'm not going to send out more e-mails until early February, as that is when most Outfitters have their yearly schedules figured out because of the shows that alot of them do between now and then in the States. Send me an e-mail or give me a call and I'll fill you in more.

sheephunter will you be at the fnaws convention in reno, if so will you have a booth or just wondering around like the rest of us

Yes we are going with Darwin again. We saw a dandy ram there last year and Kim really wants to see him again; this time with the crosshairs of her Encore.

I'm not sure about the FNAWS Convention yet. I guess I better decide soon.

With school and all im plannin on doing sheep hunting in august, mule deer hunting in september thru december, and probably hunt the immature bull moose season again. I wish i wasnt in school so i could hunt everyday!! That would be awesome.
I cant wait for shed season to arrive! Hows everyone else handling the muley fever?

Matt, when you get out of school you'll probably get a job and a house and a wife and be wishing you had the freedom of a single college student. Spend as many summers up north as you can, it's a long drive to make every year. How's your sheep hunting research coming along? Got your topo maps yet?

The wife just gave me an early birthday present, plane tickets and registration for the FNAWS Convention, so yes I will be there. Gawd she's a good woman!

Do you have any daughters? Haha.

I havent done a lot of research on my sheep hunt yet, im waiting to see if i have a job up there yet or not. Im tryin to get on with slocan in fort nelson and that should put me in the heart of stone sheep country.....i hope! Ive done a little bit of research on goabc.org, the bc outfitters web site. Theres quite a bit of information on where all the outfits that harvest a lot of sheep are. I cant wait for the deer to start sheddin so i can get out there and look around.
Have fun at the show your going to TJ, good luck to everyone in the upcoming limited entry draws.

i would like to meet you at the fnaws so i can put a face with the great info you give on the site. i will be there on saturday for sure if you want to hook up. the e-mail address i use is [email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom