2008 AZ Strip Buck (pics)

BOHNTR

Long Time Member
Well, I never expected to be back this early......I'll actually have a few days to relax before Fred and I depart to Colorado for our backpacking trip.

As you know, I didn't know I drew the Strip tag until late in the summer since the results come out so late for Arizona. To make matters worse, I had already drawn a good Colorado tag that opened a week later. With limited time to properly scout the most vast and remote real estate in the West, I decided I needed some help.

I've never been on a guided type hunt in my life, so I really didn't know who to call. After making a few calls to some MM folks, and exchanging some PM's with others, I hooked up with Kory Bundy (At First Light Guide Service) and asked for help! We hit it off from the first phone call. Absolutely no pressure to perform, allowing me to stalk deer on my own, and taught me a little bit about the region and history of big bucks there. After several photos he sent me over the next few weeks of bucks he'd seen, I was getting pumped to say the least.

Fifteen minutes into the hunt on opening morning, we spotted this buck and I was able to stalk in close enough for a shot. Truly a great experience with some new found friends. Thanks again guys and hope you folks here enjoy the photos.

AZ_Strip_Hunt_021.jpg

AZ_Strip_Hunt_029.jpg

AZ_Strip_Hunt_038.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

Wow what a gorgeous typical!! he looks old!! He is already hard horned and mostly shed his orange/red summercoat. Doing it on the strip with a bow that is amazing!!

Very nice! That thing is just plain good looking!! You gonna tell us the rest of the story, or you gonna make us buy the magazine?

Beautiful buck and great pictures! Hope you do as well in Colorado. The taxidermy bill could be a little steep for you this year. Nice problem to have. :)
Good Luck

BOHNTR does it again and again and again!!!! You are one consistant big buck killing machine man. Way to go!!!!

Great buck BOHUNTR! An absolute pig! Congrats on a great hunt!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy,
Congrats to you on the hunt and a real nice Buck to top it off there. Now go get a bigger one in Colorado on the other hunt you have scheduled, and best of luck to you on that trip too.

Brian

BOHNTR,

Congratulations on a great archery strip buck!

I have read many of your posts over the years documenting your hunts and the animals that you have taken, and you have to be arguably one, if not the most knowledgeable and best bowhunters on this site.

Good luck on your Colorado bowhunt...

Horniac

Roy-
What an awesome buck! Congrats to you on a monster. Seems like you do it year in and year out...NICE WORK
-Chris

Thanks guys....I'm still in shock! Sure was a good time with some new friends.

BOW_N_ARROW:

I did green score him last night to get a somewhat idea of where he's at.....right now he grosses 197 7/8" and nets 192 7/8". We'll see where he comes out once the 60 day drying period is complete and he's accepted. Regardless of what the final is I'm darn happy with him.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Great looking buck. How many points did you have? I have max points but can't decide if i should switch to the new archery hunts or not until after i draw my rifle tag. I used to buy a tag and hunt the kiabab and 13A every year. I'm hoping that now they are limited entry they will get better and better every year.

BOWHNTR--

You are the man! Mr Consistent and it couldn't happen to someone who earned it any more! Keep them coming!

BOWNHTR, A dream buck for sure! Another example why your thoughts and advice, though not given often, are so respected and highly regarded. Great buck!! Good luck in Colo!

Joey

Man, that's sweet!

Can't believe how dark his antlers are already-one heck of a pretty buck!

Congrats!

WAY TO GO BOWHNTR!!!

WE GOT AN EARLY WINTER COMMING OR WHAT???

NO VELVET???

NICE BUCK!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Roy-
I'm extremely happy for you...great buck, great hunt, for a great bowhunter. I can't wait to see the buck you plug in CO.

b

Roy, congrats again! Give us a run down on your equipment. Bow, arrow, broadhead. Did you use a rangefinder? Thanks!

Eel

Congrats to you Roy. Simply amazing. I knew those guys would put you into some bucks, but that fast? Awesome. Good luck to you in CO.

Oakbrush

Man Roy you do it again and again! Very nice. Hope to see another Eastmans spread. And Colorado still to go....

Great Buck Roy! All those years of putting in for AZ paid off with this tag, and you were able to take a bunch of good bucks OTC as well. AZ is your second home. Congrats again, awesome buck!

RockyMtnOyster

Congrats on a great buck. There were only a few bucks taken bigger than that last year with a rifle up there. So that is quit an accomplishment.

Great buck and Great job Roy...........congrats and I hope your colorado hunts go as well........ Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Looks like the same buck in the last picture that HunterX found. Only difference is a busted off G-5.

Bohntr- It's not luck that you produce so many good deer. I only hope that one day I'll have the patience to get as close to half as many great bucks you do! Good job...you give us all hope that we can post pictures like that!

Steve

It is the same buck. They took pictures of him again the weekend before the hunt started and he was still in velvet.

Congrats Roy and good luck in Colorado.

Awesome buck Roy! Congratulations

Now it's time for you to try and top him here in Colorado...If anyone can do it you can..
Hope you and Fred have a great upcoming hunt and have further photo's and stories to share.
Best,
Jerry
44f4e09309b4a917.jpg

You're killing me Roy! Season going on, 200 class bucks being shot, and I am stuck in Phoenix for 9 more days! I head up to 13A next Friday!

Well if you can pull that off in 15 minutes, I sure would love to see what a few days would turn up....excellent buck and a big congrats to you Roy, a well deserved buck. Keep us posted on Colorado..........

?We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.? Aldo Leopold

Great buck BOHUNTR!!!

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Awesome buck!! Way to go. Not sure if we're related, but I think we have the same last name. If so, bowhunting runs in the family. haha. Thanks for looking and replying to my son Remington's 2008 buck. Mark.

You are the Best Bow Hunter in Cali. Congrats on the Buck and thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on a great buck BOHNTR! Another great trophy for one of the best bowhunters out there. It is great to see one of the guys doing it for purely the love of bowhunting and not trying too make a name for himself continue to be successful!

Muleydoc

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom