2010-11 Elk Harvest Report

Thanks for posting this. I noticed that the success rate in 16B is far lower than the other 16s. Why would that be?

16B is lower because it is completely wilderness. So when you are set up in an area, that is where you are hunting. Also, being on foot and horseback really limit where how far you can hunt in a day. Basically, there is no road hunting, even though some hunters on horses hunt the same.

I hunt the Gila Wilderness almost exclusively. Mostly for the fact that there are no trucks or atvs. And I do it all by foot. I do have an outfitter I use if I get one down.

My uncle drew the MI hunt in 34, which appears to have been a great success last year.

However, last year it coincided with the Youth hunt. This year it will coincide with the muzzleloader hunt. Last year's MI hunt success was 66% and the muzzleloader hunt success rates was 33%.

My uncle will have a good time regardless...he's just that type of great personality: no matter what life deals him, he's still a fun and positive character to be around.

If nothing else, he can pop a cow late in the hunt as it's ES, but he really wants a shot at somethig with antlers.

Thank you for letting us know it's out, I was eager to check my unit. Too bad only 80% reported for my hunt last year. Maybe that's why I drew this year!

just checked mine for last year and in 15 first muzzle it was 36 percent shouldnt it be higher for such a good unit or does the remainder of the 89 percent that reported make that big a differance

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom