2010 Arizona bow/rifle hunting

A

AZboy

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-10 AT 10:20AM (MST) by Founder (admin)[p][p align=right]Thread Views Counter....[/p]

Hi, my name is Riley Noland and im 14

2009 was an ok year for me (besides elk)I shot a nice 2x2 mule deer up in unit 27 near 4 Bar Mesa. for 2010 im planning to go big or go home... I know where a 4x4 coues deer with a huge drop tine is and a 4x5 mule deer. I'll take either to tell you the truth but id rather have the coues.

now for 2010 rifle I got drawn unit 27 and 28 december 10 thru the 31st. But no elk...Ive put in for elk for 4 years now... never gotten drawn :-(

Im going bow hunting in 2 days up in unit 27 and I'll probably hunt unit 32 aswell. lets hope i get the big ol' coues deer... but if not thats ok too.

I will be posting new messages whenever possible... on monday i'll post how my weekend archery hunt went. I will take lots of pictures...cya!

:7

well my weekend went well...didnt get nothing but saw a 3x4 muley 3x3 muley and 4x4 muley all together in a group.

I just couldnt get in close enough to pull a shot off.

im going back on friday up to unit 27 to finish my bow season for the year until my rifle hunt of course

i will post some pictures in a few minutes of places that i was hunting near!

8855bear_045.jpg

"Double Circle Ranch" corral

well theres all the pic's i got... hope you liked em' ill take more this weekend!!!

going up tommorow after school to back to unit 27

who saw a picture of that huge record mule deer killed up on the az strip... holy crap it is big..... ill post more on monday.....

cya

Well, it has been a while since I have been on here hasnt it? but now i am back and ready to tell some more of my hunting adventures!

it turns out im not totally out of luck with getting an elk tag. you see, my grandmother drew a tag and transfered it to me. it is in unit 1 november 26- dec 2 and it is almost time to go!!! i am so excited! i will be leaving this wednesday to head up to unit 1 in the vernan area. it will be an awesome hunt.

my cousin eric kern is a southwest new mexico hunting guide and he will be going with us up to unit 1 to help out.

my grandfathers deer hunt in unit 27 was fun but unsuccesful. we saw alot of deer but nothing he wanted to shoot. well, we did see a real nice buck but he was really, really far away.

i will try to post more on my hunting season but to tell you the truth school is my main priority.

wish me luck on my elk hunt! i will post pictures...cya!

i am elk hunting in unit 1. i am camped in springerville and have only seen a few elk, i have been near big lae and vernon and i have been glassing a whole lot. i've seen 8 bulls which included 1 5x4 and 7 spikes. when i spotted them it was close to dark and i couldnt shoot any of them not that i wanted to though...i might have shot the bigger one but i dont think i would've ... to small although any elk would be a good elk.

i found some wifi nearby that is how i am on here now. i am just about to back out looking for elk. my hunt ends on thursday and today, sunday, the arizona wildcats play kansas... i love the wildcats!

i tried to upload some photos but they wouldnt appear on preview...wish me luck!

im back! but with bad news... i shot AT a nice 330 class bull elk at 150 yds on an offhand shot and shot a couple inches under him. but, it is all good there is always next year!

i still have my whitetail unit 27-28 tag and it starts on friday. i will not be able to hunt much opening weekend but i will have 3 more weeks to hunt *i will have 3 full weeks to hunt because of no school* it will be fun and it will be a great experience.

i will upload more photos later. but not right now because i cant find my camera.

i will be back on tomorrow hopefully and i'll post those pic's.

cya!

well im not out hunting right now as you can tell... our bronco broke down so we couldnt get up there to go hunting, my grandpa is fixing right now though. here are thos pics...

2880imag0001.jpg

nice beutiful land.

3355imag0010.jpg

sorry about the bad resoulution i forgot to put the camera on hi def.

YES! i got my coues deer. it was awesome.
here is the story:
when i got there i was thinking we were going to see lots of deer. errr Wrong! we only saw two deer. both bucks. 1 dead. well we got there thursday night at about 10:00pm and we went to sleep in the trailer. when we got up the next morning and went out we went to my grandpas uncles ranch. which is right above morenci on the lower eagle creek road. but we did not see anyithing for two days and we glassed really hard. that next morning we went out to a place called six shooter gap near the martinez ranche by clifton/morenci. it was dark when we got there so we waited till it got light out and when it did my grandpa glasses up a deer that we thought was a doe. when i first saw it i was lookig about 50yds off to the right of where my gpa said it was. it turns out we were looking at 2 deer not 1. when i got the spotting scope out and i got it focused on them i said "they are licking eachother it looks like, but they werent they were hitting horns! one was a 5x4 with a little bit of a deformed right side. and the other was a 3x3. i told my grandpa i would shoot either one. he said okay. we started walking to them we were about 500yds from them so we walked another 100yds and sat down. then i said "rangefind them real quick" so he did and they were at 371yds. i shot at the bigger one and grazed his back on the first shot and he ran into the trees. so my grandpa said shoot the littler one. i said" wait, be patient he will come out." sure enough about 15 seconds later he came out and BOOM! i put the smack down on this deer. it wasnt a awesome heart shot or double lung like i would have liked but it did the trick. i hit him right behind the lower jaw and it broke his neck. he died.

well that is going to be the end of my 2010 hutning season and it was a good one. i learned a lot about hunting this year and i was glad to have a chance to share it all with everyone. thanks! and have a wonderful christmas and new years

here is the picture:

3064rileys_deer.jpg

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom