2010 regs are out

Ca F&G is so screwed up!! We that live here in the C zones, particularly C-4, were used to seeing hundreds of deer on a evening ride. Now there are so few deer here we may not see any.

Deer are now a premium here...so they make it a premium zone. BS!!

I've been to the meetings and have been fed the habitat cookies that their Biologists were pushing down our throats. The habitat has aged yes, but so has new habitat been opened with the fires. This whole area could easily have held it's historical deer numbers yet the F&G blamed habitat while the predators continuously and relentlessly over harvested our once great deer herd.

Congrats F&G, you have another Premium Zone!!

Joey

Got my Address labels today so Brochure should be here soon.

Brian

xvvgp.jpg

Looks like I'm adandoning G-3 and putting in for the C Zones! :)
Premium Zone= more money!!

Steve

After some consideration, i don't see where this change is going to effect me or this area all that much. I'm thinking there are still going to be plenty of tags left for us C zone second choice guys after all the first pick guys have taken only some of the C zone tags. Doesn't mean that i'll draw a consolation "C" hunt with my second pick, that's getting harder to do, but i have in the past and may still do so again if i don't hit a X-zone

Myself, i will never ever, not a chance, ever put down a C zone for my first choice pick. Not happening and i believe a lot of others won't either. I'll just cross I-5 and hunt the B's

Joey

I was only kidding Joey! I'll probably just be stuck with my A zone tag along with the other 30,000 hunters in this area!Next year I'm burning my max points though. Not going to play the game any longer. Gonna go hunt a decent area next year.

Steve

Wohoo... A whopping 3.9% success rate for my home zone......

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Top ten reasons why Kalifornicated deer hunting is so screwed.
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER EXCEPT 1,2 and 3.
#10. Five week season for some of the A and B zones
9. Two deer limit in some zones
8. off road atvs, quads, chute planes and flying saucers
7. Ca F&G employees who dont give a chit
6. red neck poachers
5. Vehicle collisions
4. Fuggin illegal marijuana growers.
3. Bears
2. Mt Lions
1. Coyotes

Add more if you like.

Bomber, Seems you hit it pretty good. Maybe there is room in there at .5 for habitat loss, not enough fires, and too many frigging trees... :)

Steve, I knew you was kidding bud. Premium Zone does sound kinda catchy though, huh?...

At least if you draw your G-3, good luck on that BTW, you got something to write home about. May not put out the monster bucks of days gone by but is absolutely worth losing your points for, unlike the "Premium C" zone, if you do draw it on your first pick!!

Joey

Bomber- I need to add a couple. One of them ties in with #6...in Santa Maria we don't have "redneck poachers". We've got brownneck poachers. Lot's of illegals down here (farming community).
The next one has to do with the same demographic and I don't mean to racially profile but let's try to use the correct caliber in order to actually kill what we're shooting at. Some of the "hunters" around here like to shoot deer with .22's. So add that to the list. Mortality rate on wounded deer that have been shot with frickin' .22's.

DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!!

Steve

Sage, the way I read the regs is, if I put in for an x zone first choice, dont get it, but get my second choice c zone I loose all my points. Is that correct? Gerry

Whiskycreek, I don't think so but could be wrong. My understanding is you only loose your points, if you draw your first choice hunt, not second. If it turned out the way you're saying, i'd never be able to hunt this zone that i live in again! IMO, Totally stupid to lose your points to hunt here!!

Joey

I reread the regs and I was wrong, second choice does not cost any points. Guess I was just so ticked about c zone draw I blew it. You are right, we may never hunt around home again!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom