2010 Season

HalfAce

Very Active Member
Hunted the eastern side of the state this year with my dad. We only had enough time to hunt for 3 days (Nov 11th-13th). There were signs of the rut, but I noticed probably half the bucks were still alone sitting in the holes like this one.

3324jordan_2010_002.jpg

Could have jumped on his back!

I should have shot the first buck I saw (tall & heavy 4x3(not the one in the pic)) but thought I may see something bigger. That never happened.

Just like that though, day 3 came, wanted atleast one deer for the freezer and shot this buck.

7783jordan_2010_028.jpg

3764jordan_2010_043.jpg

Overall, we saw even less deer from the previous year. My dad didnt want to fill either of his doe tags, so he didnt. There were a number of bucks around, but still nothing mature. For all the deer out there in the eastern part of the state, it sure seems difficult to find one a little older.

If I can draw a tag again next year, im going in here...

2281jordan_2010_018.jpg

Maybe I can pull mature one out of here?

As always though I had a great hunt and great time. Thank you MT.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom