2011 Draw Odds Are Posted

why dont you try this one instead.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggame/pdf/11_bg_bonus_point_draw_results_hunt.pdf

Because there are three new reports there, not just one. That is why I posted the original link. Yours is to the biggest report. I also like to know the information in the other two.

Thanks Dillon for the heads-up.
Thanks SWBM for the other link.

The fun begins for next year already.
Zeke

It looks like a lot of Random Tags went to guys with 5-8 points instead of guys with 10-15 (which is more probable).

I need the guys with more points than me to draw the tags, not less.

Grizzly

+2
It always hurts to see the guys with low points draw the tags. Unless you're the dude with just a few points and have drawn a great tag.
We've (family) been "lucky" just twice out of hundreds of applications so we know how the lucky dudes feel. We've had a bunch of great tags but the State usually has no choice but to send us one based on points.

I figured the minimum LE applications that me, wife, 5 kids have made in just the State of Utah *******268*********!

Zeke

do they have a report with the names of the people that drew the tags?

YOU'RE FAT!! DON'T TRY AND SUGAR COAT IT OR YOU WILL EAT THAT TOO!!

"They" have that report but it's no longer shared with the general public. It's an invasion of privacy! I guess because of all the tender hearted folks who can't say "no" to an outfitter. LOL

Zeke

It's encouraging for me because I am back in the elk game next year and I see that the odds are good for drawing my archery elk tag by the time I turn 50 (which isn't too far from now).

It's always an adventure!!!

The odds were not bad for elk, unless you are a rifle guy, or want to hunt units like SJ, Pahvant, Monroe, etc.

Did anyone notice the Henry Mountain Buffalo odds, that is a once in three lifetime tag...

Some VERY depressing odds for a lot of stuff. A lot of applicants are gonna be put to rest before they ever draw a tag. Some surprisingly good odds here and there too.

Elkhunter96 - you had to bring up the Henry's buffalo hunt didn't you. I was sittin pretty up until 2 years ago when they cut all the tags out. Now I am on the Ute Reservation hunting list to go pay to kill a free range bull. I should get that tag in a year or 2 then it's burning those Henry Points on a cow. I get all chapped everytime I see those odds. They really suck. I'm one under max for buffalo and as it sits I may never draw that in my lifetime.

I just need my Desert Ram to have all my OIL species on the wall.

Not much of an odds guy---like they really even matter---- when appling... but man---there are no odds for D-Ram......just prayers! ha

Hang in there Jim---50--- just means more freedom!!

Robb

When it says: N/A does this mean there is 0 chance and nobody with 15 points drawed for that Unit?

GEEZUS!

Swear to GAWD I'm gonna sell my Points!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

The success ratio column is only valid for the "Bonus Tag" odds for Bonus Tag Eligible point levels. The true "Success Ratios" for non-Bonus, Random applicants is around 2x the posted odds. The "True Odds", when looking at the number of points in play, will just give us all a headache.

Oh and Bess, you want to archery elk hunt the Nebo? I am looking for points. haha (Just need someone with 8 or 10 points)

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

5 years ago i only had 3 years till I was guaranteed a tag. Now 5 years later I still have 7 more years till im guaranteed a tag. Im sitting with 11 points for a henry archery tag. If I was in the one point lower id go some where else. those guys years jump up to 25 years pluss till there guaranteed a tag.

Point creep is a real problem in this state.

Alot of the Point Creep would be gone if they would combine the dumba** two point pools to the LE Bonus point pool on LE deer.

Every freaking deer tag in 2012 is LE so just combine the current Preference points-Gen deer ( no longer Gen deer in 2012) and the LE Bonus Point Deer points into 1--ONE-- draw points pool--Bonus points and have for real all of your 5 choices count by Bonus Point total......

Good bye points on any Leftover Deer tags too.....if ya want on.

Let's clear out the Point Creep and give the future of our hunting---Youth---a chance to draw.

Robb

Those extra wasatch tags reallu helped my dad he drew with 7 points bow elk NR, it is very likely he got one of the extra tags. He is there right now hunting, I will be flying in to help out soon, gotta get him his first bull.

My dad is in the same boat, was looking good for the Henry Mtn tag in a few years. Now, he may never get the chance. We also are looking into the out of state and Ute route.

Hey DV--the very best of a hunt to you helping your pops out on his Wasatch Bow Bull LE hunt!

Burnt bridges be damned beteen us--WE both--- have always wanted your Dad to get his Bull Down!--I can not remember/count the amount of years we both have put in for his possible success!--Pick a freaking state----haha..

Here is the deal/logic on combining Pref-Gen-deer/Bonus-LE-deer points into ONE Draw pool----

79,000/81,000 Utah deer hunter will be in the 0 point pool come the 2013 draw............Good-Freaking Good-Bye---point creep and all that BS---Welcome my/your 12 year old kid may draw before he/she leaves on her mission/military call of commitment.....@ 18 plus I have already drawn with my now 'One Point Pool' for her/him to have knowledge of the unit....how would that be vs the current once in a lifetime---If ever Drawn--- LE deer draw set-up??

Think about it---all our 5 choices really count and we can do Henry's--pick a weapon/Antelope Island---/whatever unit--- for the top three and then do...???? as our 4th/5th choice...we do not draw in 2012 then WE Will draw in 2013....one of our 5 picks---

Even/equal ground for many of us in 2014.....

But then again--it is Sunday----ha!

Robb

I am in. If you hunt, you burn your points.

Plain and Simple. No point creep.

Especially when you start considering a future without even a General Archery tag (like this year).

Grizzly

Everyone got an archery tag BUT YOU. I should know, the whole world was right where I was this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! What a zoo.

I guess my memory is too good. I remember when you could have a canyon to yourself on the archery hunt! I have not seen any "reduction" in hunters or hunting pressure!

Zeke

Hang in there Zeke! You have the last week to yourself. They made that rule the year after I had my Wasatch archery tag. Great timing on the DWR's part!:)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom