2011 Vernon Buck

ARROWHNTR

It took me 13 days of hunting and I finnaly closed the deal on this nice 4-point. Had a great hunt with my family and friends, saw a ton of deer and a few really great bucks that managed to get away. Finally on day 13 I was in the right place at the right time and this guy gave me a 30 yard quartering away shot!

KodyVernonDeer.jpg

DSCF2328.jpg

DSCF2345.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-11 AT 11:52AM (MST)[p]Nice Job, good looking buck. Super pics too. Its always fun to have family around when hunting, makes it more fun, imho.
KLM

Sweet, congrats on a great buck! Got any pics of the ones that got away? 8^)

Excellent job on a sweet 4x4 buck. Tough to beat a hunt like that! Congrats man!

Zeke

Bowhunt,

I would probobly give this hunt a 7 out of 10. The things keeping it form being a 10 would be the genetics of the heard out there first and foremost. So many mature deer that if they only had good genes would be great bucks. The other would be the country, its very difficult contry to bowhunt between the steep loose rock and the dead vegitiation its noisy country. Its also very hot which makes it tought to hunt after about 10:00 am.

I really enjoyed my time out there I feel like I gave it all I could, I scouted hard this summer learning the country, saw some great bucks, and ended up with a nice buck overall I am happy and would like to hunt it again someday.

Congrat"s on a nice archery buck. Thanks for sharing the story and Pics. Looks like 13 is your lucky number in 2011.

))))------->

Thanks for the added comments. I am thinking about hunting next year and cannot decide on Archery vs Rifle.

Thanks!
and congrats

If I were to have to choose between archery and rifle I would go archery. 36 tags or something out there for archery seemed plenty crowded I can't imagine 100+. Also like always as soon as the bucks started rubbing they started dropping off The top and becoming much less visible. I can see how rifle could be tough out there!

Sounds like aton of fun then to ice the cake with an archery buck!!!! Good work..

Just curious, have you scored the buck? I have been seeing similiar sized bucks and been wondering what they might score.
Thanks for posting. Good lookin deer,Congrats

Congrats!!! I archry hunted the Vernon unit back in 2005. Was one the best hunts I've been on and did not even harvest a deer. Saw lots of bucks with a few dandys. Only problem I had donw there was all the rattle snakes. I believe I hunted around 15 days off and on and ran into 8 rattlers. I hate snakes!!!

Good looking Buck and Good looking country too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

There are definatly rattlers out there, we got lucky in that department I spent a total of about 30 days on the mtn this summer between scouting and hunting and only ran into one, but that was one more then I ever care to see.

Your right about it being a fun hunt though you see lots of bucks and get in one or two stalks a day its a good time I would like to do again some day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom