2012 Hunt Adventure Challenge

A

Art_Vandeley

Hello all,
I like a few other have decided to create an account and join the hunt adventure challenge fun! I really liked reading through everyone's hunting adventures the past two years, and thought this would be fun for me to post my adventures as well. Founder, your 2011 season was awesome! So fun to watch and learn.

A little about me, I am graduating from Montana State University next fall in Construction Engineering Technology. I only have 9 credits to finish up and get the paper on the wall, so I should have some extra time to hunt this fall!

Being a student, I can't really afford to apply for all the big time tags yet, so I am stuck only applying in state here (could be worse I guess). Big Mule Deer are my passion, and I drew a good tag last year. I hunted hard all season, but every buck that would be a taker in my book, had broken tines and I never made it happen on a buck that I really wanted to take. I did however take my first archery animal last year, a 5x6 bull elk at 12 yards! Fun stuff, it was my second day of bow hunting and I was solo on public land. My scouting paid off, and I also got really lucky. I shot my biggest buck in 2010 in a general area on public land, he's not huge but my biggest.

DSC04418-1.jpg

340401_10150295377780869_640945868_8113422_487180239_o.jpg

300197_10150295534515869_640945868_8114327_1086374236_n.jpg

I am excited for this season.. I have been playing racquetball a lot, running, and doing hard hikes before the latest heavy snows hit. My goal for the season is to find a 170+ during the summer, and get him with my bow when he's still in velvet! I will only have a general tag, (unless I get really lucky on my LE application), so this will be a tough task. I will also have a general elk tag, (unless I get lucky on my LE application), and should get an antelope tag.. should... I have terrible luck on antelope tags.

So good luck to you all in the draws! Should be a fun year for sure.

Mitch

Well actually, I'm an architect

I went out for a hike in a very popular hiking area recently, and was surprised to see my first shed of the year! It was huge... just kidding. Still kind of fun.. I have never seen a deer anywhere close to this trail so I was pretty surprised. Good times

IMAG0252.jpg

The last few weeks have sucked big time for me. Family member in the hospital, dog needed to be put down.. just a lot of bad news all at the same time. I have not done anything outdoor related over the last few weeks except apply for tags. Me and a friend decided to put in for Wyoming antelope tags. We should draw the unit we selected... should be a lot of fun! Snowing hard where I live today...sheds will still have to wait a while.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom