2014 California Buck

larrbo

Very Active Member
This is my California buck from this year.
2283dscn2148.jpg

On my way back home I stopped to see Sage and he took this photo.

105img_20141103_122045_208.jpg

After hunting Elk in California for the first time this year and a successful deer hunt it's sad to put all of my hunting stuff away.

Just awesome Larry! The heft of that rack was impressive, he carries his Mass really nice!

That's 4 years in a row that you pulled a great buck off that ranch. I know you earned them as none of the other guys in your group have done nearly as good. Congrats!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Well done larrbo. Beautiful looking country. I want to see another one next year!

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Thanks guys. I really didn't measure this buck, when I saw him I just liked the mass and height of the antlers. If I put a tape to him he would be the smallest of the past 4 years bucks. I hunt up in Northeastern California and am lucky to hunt in this area. This season was different than the others. I was seeing several spikes in each group of does.....that good news for the next few years. All of the branched bucks I saw were alone or with other bucks. These is the first good buck that I saw with the does this year. Unfortunately with a busy schedule I spent much less time in the field this season. Now it's time to dream about next year.

Congrats there Larry on a great buck. I hope that you clean off that MUD before putting things away for the year....LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom