2015 Utah Draw Odds?

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
So how long do you think it will be until we see the 2015 draw odds for Utah?

This seems to come up every year, but I truly and honestly do not get why Utah doesn't have the odds posted within days of the drawing results. What prevents that from happening for Utah? Every other western state seems to get it done with no problem. In fact, Colorado had this masterpiece completed within days of their results: http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/Statistics/Deer/2015DeerDrawRecap.pdf

Anyone in the know on when Utah draw odds will get posted? Maybe Amy from the DWR can chime in here hopefully and let us know.

Seems like usually mid August? Seems they should be able to post them within a few days though. I know I'm always curious to see what went wrong with my draw luck.

I agree. It'd be nice to see the results much sooner. Give some of us hope that someone will turn a tag back in or something.

Seems like they wait until just before the hunts start in August before they release the numbers. :-(

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Idaho posts results and odds the same day. I don't know what the problem is with Utah. Also, I've never understood why they cant put the specie, Unit, and weapon type next to the hunt number so you don't need the guide book to read the odds report!!??!!??

>Idaho posts results and odds the
>same day. I don't know
>what the problem is with
>Utah. Also, I've never understood
>why they cant put the
>specie, Unit, and weapon type
>next to the hunt number
>so you don't need the
>guide book to read the
>odds report!!??!!??

+1
Zeke

It's Utah, is anyone really all that surprised? Maybe they will try and blame the poor winter range conditions, not enough range to support the game, drought, predators, development, too many elk, not in the budget, who knows I'm sure they can come up with something they always do.

>So how long do you think
>it will be until we
>see the 2015 draw odds
>for Utah?
>
>This seems to come up every
>year, but I truly and
>honestly do not get why
>Utah doesn't have the odds
>posted within days of the
>drawing results. What prevents
>that from happening for Utah?

Because they are preoccupied counting money and planning the next scam.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-15 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]No scam going on in my opinion, why would the DWR do that ? I do agree that the results could and should be available within a week or two at least. I believe that it might be on the folks in Fallon NV. But, I would like to see the DWR put that in the contract and tie a portion of their contract money to them getting that done quickly. They conduct the draws for other states as well and it seems they might not have any problem getting the draw odds posted for them. It may be that the IT folks at the DWR are the ones that might need to get it put into the system. It would be a good thing for any of you to bring it to the attention of the RACs. We pay Fallon a lot of money, I don't see anything wrong with requiring them to get that info out and available quickly. I also ;like the idea of putting the name of the unit etc right along side of the results

UT reps need to come to CO to get training on how/when to publish draw odds/results. UT is horrible at this, CO got it right this year if you haven't seen their page.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>No scam going on in my
>opinion, why would the DWR
>do that ?

SLC Expo = One big scam created by DWR. Trust is something that is earned. Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'll never trust them again. Nothing would surprise me.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

The default position for everything the Utah DWR does is that they really dont give a dam what the public wants or when the public wants it. Not only cant the buffoons figure it out for themselves if you point it out, they seem to just get mad and do it even slower...No accountability, No sense, Dont Care. Thats the Utah way.

Yeah, look at WY this year. Didn't crash, wasn't hard to get on, results clearly published, and odds at the same time. Come on Utah, it's all computerized - how hard can it be?

>>Idaho posts results and odds the
>>same day. I don't know
>>what the problem is with
>>Utah. Also, I've never understood
>>why they cant put the
>>specie, Unit, and weapon type
>>next to the hunt number
>>so you don't need the
>>guide book to read the
>>odds report!!??!!??
>
>+1
>Zeke

+2

Landon

Wyoming posts its odds same day and so does Idaho. Come on Utah, bet into the 21st century!!

Yep, Huntertrailhead showed I had a good shot at drawing this year .....not to be. Would very much like to see WHY. Hunters pay your salary and deserve better info imo

It would definitely be nice to know. CO came out with a great system this year per your link. Also, Idaho is on top of it. This morning I drew a limited entry rifle tag and within minutes, I looked it up and found out I beat 2.19% odds to get the tag.

Congrats on the Idaho Tag YZF_88!!

I am still baffled by Utah's slowness - I think they are the only western state that for whatever reason can't get the odds out immediately following the drawing.

Amy -if you are lurking around can you give us any updates on when the draw odds may be released by the DWR?

Perhaps if Utah just added a few more "conservation" permits they would have the funds necessary to speed up this process. This is the easy solution to almost any problem.

-Hawkeye-

True that. Arent they about due to make an imaginary job for some ones brother in law. Lets see, 6 figure salary, a brown truck, expense account. Al La a draw odds czar with the only responsibility is to publish info that should have been made public a long time ago. OK maybe they could just let some one double dip and draw 2 salaries and tell them its got to be made public during the calendar year of the draw.

Quote: "I think they are the only western state that for whatever reason can't get the odds out immediately following the drawing."

Well, not quite....keep in mind Montana doesn't publish until the following year. But yeah for sure there are some states who post their draw data simultaneous to the draw results, like Wyoming & Idaho. And others post very soon after the draw like New Mexico & Colorado. Can't be that tough, and the data is not going to change, so it's hard to see the harm in publishing it.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom