2016 Bonus Point Data

I have 18 NR points and I just joined gohunt for the true Nevada odds. With 18 points I have like .079 chance of drawing 221 Late, just to show you how much $3000 in points helps your odds.

The data is those tables are almost worthless, as they only show first choice applicants for the unsuccessful apps. The true odds are much, much worse for most of those units.

The odds are not wrong. They are what they are with the parameters they have set. People occasionally get a tag other than their first choice.

Worrying about how many people were unsuccessful with other than their first choice isn't worth it.

They could put all the total unsuccessful applicants but then the odds would be biased worse because it would show the same person being unsuccessful 5 times.

Not worth the trouble. Apply for the area you want and be happy when you get a tag. If you want to hunt more often, apply for the lesser demand units. If you want the best know that you will wait.

I agree, the odds aren't wrong. They just don't show everyone's 1st-5th choices. I've drawn a good amount of tags over the past few years using these "wrong" odds and putting in for easier to draw units. I'd rather have a tag in my pocket every few years instead of waiting for the hard to draw units with late hunts and low tag numbers.

>The odds are not wrong.
>They are what they are
>with the parameters they have
>set. People occasionally get
>a tag other than their
>first choice.
>
>Worrying about how many people were
>unsuccessful with other than their
>first choice isn't worth it.
>
>
>They could put all the total
>unsuccessful applicants but then the
>odds would be biased worse
>because it would show the
>same person being unsuccessful 5
>times.
>
>Not worth the trouble. Apply
>for the area you want
>and be happy when you
>get a tag. If
>you want to hunt more
>often, apply for the lesser
>demand units. If you
>want the best know that
>you will wait.

The data they provide may not be wrong, but if you use that data to try to estimate your odds of drawing, you will be way, way off for most of the units. People don't "ocasionally" draw their 2-5 choices, they do it much more than that. It has a huge impact on the odds, so you can't dismiss it like you have.

I've never had a good mule deer hunt in Nevada. I say we all boycott this years draw! Who's with me?

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom