2016 Manti LE Muzzleloader Bull Elk

BuglesNGrunts

I finally decided to give up on my dream of obtaining a San Juan Elk Ridge tag and decided to opt for the Manti Muzzleloader Tag on the advice of my father, uncle and cousins who have been hunting this unit using archery gear for the past several seasons. They have had the chance to stalk many great bulls but haven't had the chance to stick one yet. They have suggested that I stay on the northern end of the unit (north of Fairview canyon) based on what they have seen in the past few seasons. I am wondering if the southern portion of the unit is worth exploring or if it has become far inferior as far as herd concentration, big bull concentration, hunting pressure, habitat, etc..
I am fairly familiar with the unit as I have spent many of camping trips there, but have never chased elk on it. I have set aside quite a bit of time to scout the unit, however any advice on areas to key in on or to focus my efforts on would be greatly appreciated!

There are many great areas to find a big bull on this unit, but it changes from year to year as bulls are killed. The key is to start scouting early and put as much time into finding and keeping track of the biggest bull you find. If you don't have time to spend scouting, your relying on luck and chance. Call me I can give you some tips on the unit. 435-819-0490 Rick

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom