2018 tag price increases :(

Yeah those prices are getting crazy especially bison. Wonder what the draw odds will be this next year. I could see a bunch of guys dropping out of the special pool

Worth is all relative, but some guys might tell you managing for bulls worth that much would probably mean you wouldn't have to worry about drawing a tag anyway.

They're certainly making special tags special. I would have to think the draw odds will go up on the special tags next year. on the other hand, if enough people think that they could drop.

This game is nothing new and as long as the economy holds it will continue. when things do go south it could bite them in the azz if people give up and figure why should I pay the stupid high points fee for a tag I can't afford.

As for me, whatever I'm not changing my plans for next year.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Other than the huge increase for Bison, the fees really did not go up that much when you figure the last price increase was almost ten years ago. I'll pay the Piper and keep right on hunting out there like I have every year since 1999, as IMHO there is no better state to spend your money hunting in than Wyoming!

Are you sure it's been 10 years? doesn't seem that long to me but maybe.

One thing about it pouring the pork to the NR is our best defense against quota reductions. so if that's what it takes I'll bend over. hunting in WY is worth it as far as I'm concerned I agree with that.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Outfitters asked for another 2,000 full price Elk tags, I don't see a reduction coming. Although he was asked why 50% of the tags going to outfitted hunters wasn't enough.

> Are you sure it's been
>10 years? doesn't seem
>that long to me but
>maybe.
>
> One thing about it pouring
>the pork to the NR
>is our best defense against
>quota reductions. so if
>that's what it takes I'll
>bend over. hunting in
>WY is worth it as
>far as I'm concerned I
>agree with that.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay Thirsty My Friends
I have ten points to burn and would like to draw a tag.

These responses about ?putting it to? NRs always make me SMDH.

1)They?re not ?your? animals just because you live closer to them;
2)All that federally-owned land you hunt for free is paid for by all Americans. You?re welcome.
2)You?re a non-resident in 49 states.

It's bad enough to have to pay the freight for a bunch of other states? budgets so their residents can hunt cheaper. It's downright insulting to get slapped in the face while doing it.

I'd be happy to pay considerably higher resident prices if they changed the tag percentages to say 90/10. I'd even welcome an Idaho philosophy where they'd let me buy a resident tag here and then apply as a non resident paying non resident prices to help make up for any shortfall. I pay over $7000 each year to apply in Colorado and I never see any groaning comments there or Nevada, etc.

If you don't like it, stick to hunting white tails or squirrels in yer own state...

What's a fair and reasonable multiple of resident to NR tag costs?

5x?

10x?

30x?

asking for a friend

You guys can't even get a minimal resident price increase passed let alone one big enough to cover cutting the nr revenue in half.

The trend is to do the old ?double whammy?: decrease the NR tags and increase the license/app fees to make up for the lost revenue.

WY is one of the few states that hasn't done both - yet.

But I'm sure it's coming.......

cbeard

I'm afraid they are "our" animals, whether we live 1 mile or 100 miles from them as long as they are within Wyoming borders.

The wildlife belong to the state. Now you know.

>You guys can't even get a
>minimal resident price increase passed
>let alone one big enough
>to cover cutting the nr
>revenue in half.

Bob,

I don't want to have to prove you wrong on this, but 90/10 would not cut NR revenue in half. Not even close.

Hey Bob show me where you are pushing for a cut in resident tags in your state and advocating for more NR tags. Oh that's right you are worried about what wyoming is doing not the wonderful nr friendly state of Oregon.

Raise the resident fees and cut the tags to 90/10 split on all species.

>Hey Bob show me where you
>are pushing for a cut
>in resident tags in your
>state and advocating for more
>NR tags. Oh that's right
>you are worried about what
>wyoming is doing not the
>wonderful nr friendly state of
>Oregon.
>
>Raise the resident fees and cut
>the tags to 90/10 split
>on all species.

Ain't gonna happen any time soon when the Legislature will only raise a resident $5 at most just like they did again this year compared to NR fees.

>cbeard
>
>I'm afraid they are "our" animals,
>whether we live 1 mile
>or 100 miles from them
>as long as they are
>within Wyoming borders.
>
>The wildlife belong to the state.
>Now you know.

That's the racket, all right.

A lot of them are on land NRs own too. Staffed by folks NR tax dollars pay for. But y?all always want to overlook that little fact.

Now you know.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-17 AT 07:06PM (MST)[p]

<Bob,

<I don't want to have to prove you wrong on this, but 90/10 <would not cut NR revenue in half. Not even close.

you'll have to show me.
All my quota balance/quota split stuff is in pdf and I haven't taken the time to convert and put in spreadsheets. Might be interesting to see the revenue shift if the NR hit the cap in the draw and all the leftovers went to the resident side.

132411.jpg

477272.jpg

Funny stuff. if you're going to argue stats with Bob you better do your homework not just shoot from the hip.

The good thing about it is, the hunters I've encountered on my many hunts in WY aren't like the asshats that show up on the forum.

I hope it stays that way we have enough division in this country already we don't need a civil war in hunting. you're hosing us to cover your tab and we both know it, most of us are good with it just don't rub it in.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

440, you are pretty much the toilet paper on the political form, so please stay there before you get flushed here on the wyoming forum. How's the great state of Oregon treat the NR hunter.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-17 AT 07:58PM (MST)[p]

With unlimited OTC nr tags for a bunch of the state, I'd say not too bad but, with those tags you get opportunity and no quality.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-17 AT 08:47PM (MST)[p]>Bob,
>
>I don't want to have to
>prove you wrong on this,
>but 90/10 would not cut
>NR revenue in half. Not
>even close.

This is 100% correct...and Bob should know that.

It looks like I will be out about $30 a year. That is not a big deal all things considered.

Dillon

non-res moose tag up to $1982! i sure wish i can draw my tag and burn my points before the next price increase. i wont be able to afford to buy the tag. outfitted hunt in B.C. is starting to make more sense.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-17 AT 10:36PM (MST)[p]With 17 Wyoming Moose points and 12 mule deer points, I'll pay the NR price and be thankful for the opportunity.

There are very few moose to hunt in the lower 48. It's pretty much a supply and demand issue. Few moose and thousands of non-residents that want one. While the price is, at least for me, very expensive, I actually suspect, even at over $1,900, there is still more demand than there are moose to share with Non-residents and, so far, I can still scrap the cash together to pay for the opportunity to hunt a moose in Wyoming. Having said that, there is a price point where folks like me will have to pass but I believe there are still plenty sportsmen that would be happy take my place and pay an even higher price. I have yet to see any of the State hit a price point where they can't sell all the tags they are offering. If and when they do, the price increases will slow down until demand catches up.

Wyoming may have exceeded demand with their price for Non-resident Buffalo hunts, at $4,000.00, time will tell, they could sell them all at that price because there so few buffalo tags, but we will see.

The prices to hunt these extremely limited species are why I've screamed so loud and long for all these Western States to keep their mule deer numbers up. When I call the mule deer the lynch pin species for public hunting, the main reason is the mule deer are the one species where States can grow and maintain millions of big game animals. We know that because States have done it in years past. Animals that give birth to twins, were both twins can survive allows for phenomenal reproductive capacity. With millions of deer, the surplus can be so large hundreds of thousands of hunters can hunt a big game animal, and the Non-resident price would remain low, based on the same supply and demand principles that cause moose, sheep, my. goat price to be high. As mule deer numbers have crashed, over the last 25 years, demand has started to exceed supply, and the prices for mule deer have risen across the West. We will never have surplus moose, sheep or my. goats, the entire future of the life style is dependent on mule deer numbers. It's the same in every Western State.

Unfortunately, I'm no longer holding my breath.

DC

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-17 AT 12:01PM (MST)[p]>How about antelope, deer, sheep?

West side of the state is OTC for Deer.

Antelope and Sheep are draw only for res and NR but aren't worth the cost for a NR, barely for a resident. You'll have a better Antelope hunt in WY 48 than almost all our units.

Wyoming is without a doubt the best hunt value in the West. Prices are good for full price licenses, reduced cow/doe prices are dirt cheap by comparison, and you can easily hunt multiple species every year.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-17 AT 02:00PM (MST)[p]> Funny stuff. if you're
>going to argue stats with
>Bob you better do your
>homework not just shoot from
>the hip.
>
> The good thing about it
>is, the hunters I've encountered
>on my many hunts in
>WY aren't like the asshats
>that show up on the
>forum.
>
>
> I hope it stays that
>way we have enough division
>in this country already we
>don't need a civil war
>in hunting. you're hosing
>us to cover your tab
>and we both know it,
> most of us are
>good with it just
>don't rub it in.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay Thirsty My Friends

Funny who's calling who an a$$hat 440!

Bob can make all the spread sheets he wants, but he's wrong on this one and so are you. Time to be schooled.

(1) A 90/10 split on elk would make ZERO difference in revenue. Limited quota tags lost would be made up by the mandated 7,250 NR elk tags, there would be more NR generals. Type 6 & 7 tags remain the same 84/16.

(2) NR buy 50% of antelope tags now. Changing to 90/10 on type 1 and 2 tags makes little change to that other than NR would most likely buy more leftover tags.

(3) LQ deer would be the only deer licenses affected by 90/10 as region quotas would not be.

Far from losing half the NR revenue.

>>cbeard
>>
>>I'm afraid they are "our" animals,
>>whether we live 1 mile
>>or 100 miles from them
>>as long as they are
>>within Wyoming borders.
>>
>>The wildlife belong to the state.
>>Now you know.
>
>
>That's the racket, all right.
>
>A lot of them are on
>land NRs own too. Staffed
>by folks NR tax dollars
>pay for. But y?all always
>want to overlook that little
>fact.
>
>Now you know.

It doesn't matter if Goldilocks owns the land the wildlife is on, it still belongs to the State of Wyoming. Get over it.

Not that Im in favor of the increased buffalo prices but demand for them will be fine. Custer is still way more than Wyoming and they are in line for what we pay for them too. Its juzt a supply a nd demand thing, but thats unfortunate for the budget hunter.

If NR Sheep/Moose/Buffalo licenses were $500 with $50 points, the complaints would simply shift to the guys that believe they deserve a license more than some 13 yr old kid because they've applied longer. I see it every year in OR and we don't have points but the entitlement seems to grow with age.

You same asshats tune up every time the NR hunter get's mentioned. where is your butt bud Buzzed ? too busy losing in the legislature to help you bash NR hunters ?

Like I said I've run into lots of WY resident hunters while hunting in WY and I've yet to have a bad experience with any of them. in fact most of the time it's been positive. if they do share the attitude some on this forum have they must have enough class to hide it.

In return I go out of my way follow the WY laws to the letter and to be respectful and considerate, and I'll gladly pay what I have to in order to hunt in WY . I also thank the folks who advocate for me to have the opportunity and we all know who that is .

Oregon screws the NR , I've said it 1000 times before and I'll say it again. I apologize to NR hunters from every state and if I could I'd change it today . it's the way it is simply because we have way too many people like some of our friends here on the forum, but the OR narcissists won where the WY ones have so far failed.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

It's funny to go back and reread this thread and see where the discourse all started.

If a NR wants to complain about the discriminatory treatment they receive in another state, does anyone on here expect no resident will reply? Fair enough 440, you, Topgun and Bob have no problem paying the higher prices to come hunt Wyoming. Why does it seem to bother you so much when others argue about it?

" I also thank the folks who advocate for me to have the opportunity and we all know who that is ."

Evidently the Outfitters Association.

Fortunately for the nr diy hunter, jm77 and buzz, as residents, work on our behalf.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom