2018 Unit 67 4th seaon buck

pdkillr

LAST EDITED ON May-09-19 AT 09:25AM (MST)[p]Finally got him back from the taxidermist. He scored him at 198 7/8. His mass did not shrink even after not seeing the horns since last November. Definitely a buck of a lifetime for this "LUCKY" flatfoot Texas boy. Thanks to all that offered and gave me any help they could. Now hopefully I get my 3rd season unit 40 elk tag and I can be as lucky, after 320 or better, then done with Colorado. Its getting ridiculous with fees and points. Just realized pic is crappy looking lighting in room was horrible, should have used flash. Sorry but you get the pic.

46850201905081542121.jpg

Congratulations, beautiful mount. Your very first mule deer hunt and you kill a great buck like that. And you'll never hunt deer in Colorado again?

Beautiful buck!
He actually looks bigger and wider mounted on the wall then he did in the kill shot photos.

LOL never say never I guess. But quitting while I am ahead! Going to try for a big wide old mexico muley in the next few years. Mountains kick my butt, and I aint getting any younger.

I looked at the score sheet. little over 26 wide. 85 inches of mass left side and little over 86 on right. If that helps.

>LAST EDITED ON May-09-19
>AT 09:25?AM (MST)

>
>Finally got him back from the
>taxidermist. He scored him at
>198 7/8. His mass did
>not shrink even after not
>seeing the horns since last
>November. Definitely a buck of
>a lifetime for this "LUCKY"
>flatfoot Texas boy. Thanks to
>all that offered and gave
>me any help they could.
>Now hopefully I get my
>3rd season unit 40 elk
>tag and I can be
>as lucky, after 320 or
>better, then done with Colorado.
>Its getting ridiculous with fees
>and points. Just realized pic
>is crappy looking lighting in
>room was horrible, should have
>used flash. Sorry but you
>get the pic.
>
>
46850201905081542121.jpg

Wow, what a great deer.Hunted 66 third rifle for Elk and saw allot of really great Muleys, none quite that big. Congrats!

That thing has some really impressive fronts.
Congrats!

see my latest wildlife pictures on I.G.
Follow me @ antler_chaser_

Outstanding trophy. Now, please go back to your score sheet and double check that mass measurements. Congrats on a heck of a buck.

>Outstanding trophy. Now, please go back
>to your score sheet and
>double check that mass measurements.
>Congrats on a heck of
>a buck.

LOL i'm retarded. ok here is measured mass. 18 inches about on left and 17 on right. The 85 was my score sheet from my Irish Elk I shot a while back. Sorry.

Awesome buck. Could you share some more details on the score? Its fun to guess the length from pictures and then compare to actual measurements.

Stud buck, congrats!

I am curious on the score as well as I had him lower than that based on the weak backs. World class fronts make up for small backs though!

I think Mass is where this guy jumps in score. Also helps that the smaller back forks are on a looooog base

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Congratulations! That is a great buck and a super heavy one. It looks like it paid off for you to of waited long enough to draw one of the Gunnison units. You can be very proud of that buck in this day and age. Good Job

LAST EDITED ON May-09-19 AT 09:25AM (MST)[p]Finally got him back from the taxidermist. He scored him at 198 7/8. His mass did not shrink even after not seeing the horns since last November. Definitely a buck of a lifetime for this "LUCKY" flatfoot Texas boy. Thanks to all that offered and gave me any help they could. Now hopefully I get my 3rd season unit 40 elk tag and I can be as lucky, after 320 or better, then done with Colorado. Its getting ridiculous with fees and points. Just realized pic is crappy looking lighting in room was horrible, should have used flash. Sorry but you get the pic.

46850201905081542121.jpg
Any recommendations for finding a mule deer in 67? Hunting there now. Was he in the sage or trees? High elevation or lower? Any help appreciated

Amazing dream buck!

Not that it matters but there's about +5" between math errors and too much spread credit in your score sheet.

So when you put in did you also consider 66? I’m contemplating 66 or 67 in next year or two. Any recommendations either way?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom