2019 Archery Buck

nebo

I don't post much but a frequent visitor and will share my buck this year.
Been hunting this buck and his buddy from the opener and spent about 22 days hunting them and it finally came together. I seen all their tricks and habits and was close many times but just didn't happen till one morning.
About 8am I got an arrow in him and after following a good blood trail I stopped following it after 60 yards or so. I decided to go up high and see if I couldn't spot him. I did and the better buck was with him and they bedded down together. After about an hour the coyotes got the hit buck up and he was raking his horns to avoid the yotes. After that both bucks moved up the canyon and bedded once again. About noon the yotes where back and the buck that was with the arrowed buck decided to leave. The hit buck stood up and watched him leave then finally laid back down. I finally got over to him (that is another story) and got another arrow in him at 35 yards. He never knew I was there and was pretty sick by mid afternoon. My first arrow clipped one lung and got some lower gut. He wouldn't score very well at all but a good buck for me (26"w x 20"h). I generally get my archery buck each year and
this one isn't the best but had more of a story to share. I like to find a buck before the season starts and try to pursue that animal. Most years it will take 20 to 40 days of hunting to get that animal. I like the challenge in hunting that way and some years it just doesn't work out to get the ne I want.
25950img29782.jpg

Nice trophy. Good for you for getting it done.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Thank you for sharing in my success.
As an older bow hunter and putting in weeks on end and having success is a blessing. I hunt solo and I hope I have many more years left that I can hunt this way.

Very cool story and a great finish on a good buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Great decision making, persistence, and respect towards the animal. Thanks for posting the pic, and the story that goes along with it. It reminds me to be patient and think in situations like that.

Congrats on a nice buck!

Nice buck! Congratulations and I'm glad to hear the successful recovery story. It's tough when you don't recover one. That's a great story with a great ending. Glad the yotes didn't run him off for miles.

I don't post much but a frequent visitor and will share my buck this year.
Been hunting this buck and his buddy from the opener and spent about 22 days hunting them and it finally came together. I seen all their tricks and habits and was close many times but just didn't happen till one morning.
About 8am I got an arrow in him and after following a good blood trail I stopped following it after 60 yards or so. I decided to go up high and see if I couldn't spot him. I did and the better buck was with him and they bedded down together. After about an hour the coyotes got the hit buck up and he was raking his horns to avoid the yotes. After that both bucks moved up the canyon and bedded once again. About noon the yotes where back and the buck that was with the arrowed buck decided to leave. The hit buck stood up and watched him leave then finally laid back down. I finally got over to him (that is another story) and got another arrow in him at 35 yards. He never knew I was there and was pretty sick by mid afternoon. My first arrow clipped one lung and got some lower gut. He wouldn't score very well at all but a good buck for me (26"w x 20"h). I generally get my archery buck each year and
this one isn't the best but had more of a story to share. I like to find a buck before the season starts and try to pursue that animal. Most years it will take 20 to 40 days of hunting to get that animal. I like the challenge in hunting that way and some years it just doesn't work out to get the ne I want.
25950img29782.jpg
Congratulations nice job awesome buck, glad you were able to close the deal

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom