2019 Idaho Mule Deer

NiceRack

40418qk43bt1ytiuc6c2vor9bw.jpg

774425c9jx8trt2v8kyz7qmqjg.jpg

Always good to get a mature buck.
PB

Thanks, that's what she said! }>
Water, electricity and not standing in dirt makes for clean table fare.
PB

Good for you. Nice score. Congrats

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Side by side is on an old logging road. I had to drag the buck down a mountain to the bottom below the road. Used my winch and lots of rope to drag him up from the bottom.
PB

>Don't think it matters. I believe
>the rules state it is
>authorized to go off trail
>to recover game. I've been
>wrong before

I don't think you can just blaze new trails..

Just to clarify, you still have to follow the land management rules for travel. Most prohibit off trail travel, and many smaller roads or trails have seasonal closures and/or are only open to certain types of vehicles (motorcycles but not atv for example). The IDFG motorized restriction units tighten that up even further, by limiting access to roads open to full size vehicles only., albeit with some fairly vague definitions of what that means. You can only use motorcycle/atv trails to access camp and yes, to retrieve game. But ONLY if these trails are otherwise open.

Congrats to the OP and thanks for sharing the pic! I make the assumption you know the rules and followed them. It??s just an important issue with me that we all do.

Here is what the rules state:
Exceptions. This use restriction rule shall not apply to the following permissible motorized vehicle uses by hunters off of an established roadway: ? Holders of a valid Handicapped Person?s Motor Vehicle Hunting Permit may use a motorized vehicle as allowed by the land owner or manager. ? Hunters may use a motorized vehicle to retrieve downed game if such travel is allowed by the land owner or manager.

So then I wonder who is the manager you see if on a public land you could go off road to retrieve the down Animal.

thanks for your information powderfinger. I'm still researching

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom