2019 Last Day Bull (pics)

BOHNTR

Long Time Member
Here's my last day, Arizona bull elk I arrowed in the rain. It was a tough hunt where I was at, with almost no bugling for the entire hunt. This bull bugled twice at sunrise.....so I headed in his direction and eventually caught up to him (pure luck) while still hunting the cedar/pine mix. Arrowed him at 36 yards as he raked a tree.....only went 25 yards and expired. He was all alone with no cows in sight....weird year for sure. Feel very lucky to have him. Hope you enjoy.

64290dsc0048.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

My buddy was in unit 1 there in AZ and had the same luck. Almost zero bugling passed a 330ish 1st day and killed a 300 on the last. Said it was tough.

Congrats on a good last day bull! Its called hunting and you earned him. Hard hunts when they are not talkative or easy to spot and stock.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-19 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]Got a friend who brother was bow hunting over there too he saw Bulls but the rut wasn't happening, MAYBE a late rut this year.
Good looking Bull hope I see one like him in the late season.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

NICE Job there Roy!

I Wouldn't want You FLIPPIN STICKS At Me!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Roy, you were blessed and rewarded for your perseverance, congratulations on a fine bull.

It was a weird rut hunt out there this year in Unit 8 as well. We had a fulfilling experience but came home with a clean tag.

Thanks, all. I still can't believe I lucked into him on the last morning in a train storm.....almost never happens to me.

When I brought him to the locker, he weighed 421 pounds (skinned meat).....lots of good table fare coming!

BOHNTR )))---------->

Awesome Roy. Congrats on a great trophy, last day or not. Having gone through 14 days of hunting bulls here in AZ myself, I'm happy to see some other filled tags by good guys.

Congrats!

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

You're the master of getting it done Roy! Good for you for another sweet archery score.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

>damn Roy....36 yards?
>
>You're lucky you hit him......
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Dang it, JB I should know not to read your posts when I'm drinking something.....hate it when liquid comes out of places only air is supposed to go through! ?

BOHNTR )))---------->

So with all the hoopla on the virus, I thought maybe we could have a little fun since some are probably at home wondering what to do. :). Anyone want to guess what the final (official) score on this bull was?

I don’t do much estimating score on an elk but just for fun I will say that he’s over 300.
He definitely is a fine looking bull and one to be very proud of. Congratulations

Okay, there were some close guesses. It just goes to show how difficult it can be to guess a score by a photograph(s). Now the system used was the B&C/P&Y measuring system and not the MM system where we add a few inches. :)

The bull officially measured 292 7/8" net (gross 302 0/8") and was accepted into the records program for P&Y. While he had decent beam length at 51" he had just average mass and fronts. A good last day archery bull, but not some of the giants we see at times.

I think some would be surprised at what a giant bull really looks like. I recently measured one from AZ that netted 422 and some change. It was giant! Thanks for playing along.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom