2019 McGregor

TFAvalanche

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my last outing for 2019. I drew the Mcgregor range FAD tag and due to being on a military range, e-scouting was the only option. I am familiar with the surround areas and the Hueco's having grown up partially in El Paso, so my buddy and I headed out and were on the range glassing by sun-up. We spotted this guy from the truck as we were moving to the next set of ridges, and I put a stalk on him from about a mile out. Swung around one small hill andn climbed the back-side, working the ridgetop all the way down. When I came up to the area Jake had spotted him, he was still trying to corral some does and followed them into a ravine that was covered in brush. I waited on the top as I could hear him thrashing around in there and when the line of does popped out he was trailing hard. I took the shot at about 140 while he was heading up the opposite hill. High spine shot that anchored him and then one behind the ear. When the CWD girls opened him up they weren't too sure what had happened. After a failed Elk hunt it was nice to end the year on a good note.

IMG_4061[1].JPG
IMG_4060[1].JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom