2019 Muzzy Buck - Back from Taxidermy

Pines_N_Tines

If any of you are looking for a quality taxidermist at a reasonable price, that has a great turn around time, Above Camp Taxidermy in Lehi Utah is awesome. I had three animals from 2109 in to be mounted. All would have been done by Christmas if I would have had the funds to have the work progress. Instead, I had to stagger which animal I had mounted first. I shot my velvet muzzy buck on 9/25/2019 and turned it into the taxidermist on 9/26/2019. I told Travis at Above Camp to wait to mount the buck because there were two OIL tags at my house. I turned in my Rocky Mountain Goat on 09/11/2019 and said lets wait to mount this one until we see if my son gets a Ram. We turned the Ram in on 11/03/2019.

Not bad to have all three mounts home by April 2020 after having the taxidermist delay starting on the first two turned in.

Here's a link to my Muzzy hunt story.
Here's my buck back. I love the detail in the face. My farovite hide phase is the short shiny hair right after the sumer red is gone.
IMG_3985.JPG
IMG_3986.JPG

After a little debate with my wife, I ended up with the mounts in my partially finished basement. Here is my temporary work from home office during the COVID19 work from home.
IMG_3987.JPG

Here's a few more pics,
IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_3988 (1).JPG
IMG_3989.JPG

Finally here is how my sons ran sat while we were building a pedestal.
Story Here: https://www.monstermuleys.info/xf/threads/making-a-ram-pedestal-habitat-base.179436/
IMG_3735.JPG

I wish I would have done my goat like that instead of full body. Looks good.
I had plans for a half body with rock habitat but I didn't shoot the bigger ones I was after, so I went with the wall pedestal. It turned out great and I'm now satisfied with my hunt.

If any of you are looking for a quality taxidermist at a reasonable price, that has a great turn around time, Above Camp Taxidermy in Lehi Utah is awesome. I had three animals from 2109 in to be mounted. All would have been done by Christmas if I would have had the funds to have the work progress. Instead, I had to stagger which animal I had mounted first. I shot my velvet muzzy buck on 9/25/2019 and turned it into the taxidermist on 9/26/2019. I told Travis at Above Camp to wait to mount the buck because there were two OIL tags at my house. I turned in my Rocky Mountain Goat on 09/11/2019 and said lets wait to mount this one until we see if my son gets a Ram. We turned the Ram in on 11/03/2019.

Not bad to have all three mounts home by April 2020 after having the taxidermist delay starting on the first two turned in.

Here's a link to my Muzzy hunt story.
Here's my buck back. I love the detail in the face. My farovite hide phase is the short shiny hair right after the sumer red is gone.
View attachment 4731View attachment 4732
After a little debate with my wife, I ended up with the mounts in my partially finished basement. Here is my temporary work from home office during the COVID19 work from home.
View attachment 4733
Here's a few more pics,
View attachment 4734
View attachment 4735
View attachment 4736View attachment 4737
Finally here is how my sons ran sat while we were building a pedestal.
Story Here: https://www.monstermuleys.info/xf/threads/making-a-ram-pedestal-habitat-base.179436/
View attachment 4738
I am amazed that most women can be in line with each other even when they don't know each other...
My mounts have been banned to my office or as she calls it the dead animal and fish room.
It's all good as sometimes I want to just go be by myself and work and I love being able to look up and remember the hunts and fishing trips that I took to get them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom