2019 Utah bear draw odds

LAST EDITED ON May-21-19 AT 10:58AM (MST)[p]Thanks for posting

why is UT soo stingy with bear tags.
Drew book cliffs spring bear with required 9 bonus points to get a bonus point round tag at top of draw pool. crazy to need so many..

Also why on earth does UT make meat harvest optional for bear? That is a piss poor policy and one geared to simply enrage no hunters. I took the meat from my beat and it is GREAT tasting. Even rendered the fat and the lard is lightly sweet with perfectly fine taste.

Very fun hunt and successful.
https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/utah-spring-bear-hunt.289369/

KHunter

>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

Pretty simple why they are stingy with tags. Supply and demand. Not hard to figure that out. In many cases it is easier for non residents to draw, rather than residents. There are other tags options with lower success rates that the tags are easier to get.

Also a very large portion of folks dislike bear meat. Predators aren't harvested for the purpose of meat, as much as ungulates.

You seem to have had a good hunt under our system. Please don't bash it and encourage them to change what is working.

>Also a very large portion of
>folks dislike bear meat. Predators
>aren't harvested for the purpose
>of meat, as much as
>ungulates.
>
>You seem to have had a
>good hunt under our system.
> Please don't bash it
>and encourage them to change
>what is working.

Bears are omnivores not predators and there's a difference. I know a lot of people that don't like mule deer, me included, that doesn't justify making harvest of perfectly edible meet optional.

I've killed two bears that tasted great and I've eaten meat from five or six bears total and all were serviceable table fare. The reason the law says you can leave UT bear meat on the ground can't possibly be because ?some people don't like to eat it? there's got to be something more to it

I absolutely respect Utah and every other states absolute right to regulate wildlife as They see fit but that doesn't mean we can't have a civil discussion about it.

I'm certainly not bashing Utah I'm just asking because aside from being a hunter I care about wildlife and wildlife management and thoughtful policies that help preserve our right to hunt rather than those that might open the door to those who might want to ban it.

In my home state what I will call a miss guided citizen position lead to the banning of spring bear hunts and chasing bears with dogs?a very sad unfortunate outcome?and you can bet I appreciate the opportunity for that sort of hunt with n Utah.

>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

Try and convince a livestock operator that a bear is not a predator. Bears are hunted because of the damage they can cause to populations of other animals and agriculture. If not for that fact, we would have had bear hunting taken away years ago.

It is tough to get a Utah tag because we are still able to effectively hunt them, as opposed to everything being taken away like Colorado. Which is why we are also overrun with Colorado houndsmen.

Utah is one of the few western states left that still has quality bear hunting with effective means. We are "proud of our bears" and we hope and fight to keep our ability to continue our hunts the way they are.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom