2020 12AW late deer

Cozmo8

I drew this tag and have some good info to get started. If anyone is willing to talk to me about the hunt I would be extremely appreciative. Good luck to you all as the season is starting to roll in.

rick

Shoot me a PM and i can probably help some. Leaving for AZ this weekend for a couple weeks to hunt elk, so maybe we can chat while im heading down.

I just moved & my maps are all in storage now. Been a few years since I hunted that area, but it can be a great hunt if the weather co operates. Think snow & cold. I found that the deer bail out from the Plateau & head to sage brush winter grounds PDQ when snow/cold hit. That would be WEST ! Glass & glass & glass from a good solid spot & be very patient & mobile from spot to spot. Pay attention to the burned areas. Lots easier to glass there too. Hold your trigger finger & use max time you have. Get the ONX GPS too ! Best of Luck & Have a great hunt ! It's a rare opportunity to drop a whopper !
Jerry Gold ?? Windsor, Colorado- I lived in Flagstaff for a number of years.

I have this same tag. Was up there last weekend and the new burn was pretty desolate at least on top, so I didn’t spend much time in there. Anybody seeing deer in the new burn?

Y’all are gonna have to settle on the late hunt. TwoTracks Junior drew the early tag and is taking a monster out of the west side! Fingers crossed!

All joking aside, congratulations and if anybody feels more comfortable going guided, pm me and I’ll steer you in a good direction.

Y’all are gonna have to settle on the late hunt. TwoTracks Junior drew the early tag and is taking a monster out of the west side! Fingers crossed!

All joking aside, congratulations and if anybody feels more comfortable going guided, pm me and I’ll steer you in a good direction.
What’s the word TwoTracks? How’s the hunt going!?

Early hunt was pretty brutal. Not many bucks compared to previous years. Had to hunt real hard to even see a mature buck. We were very fortunate to get a shot on the best buck we crossed paths with. I suspect a bunch of the older bucks escaped the early hunt and will be around for the late hunt.

A57C7AA8-844C-4A0A-BDEC-C781659BCD45.jpeg

Oh, the buck far exceeded our expectations. He is an absolute dandy for anyone. Almost too good for a kid’s first buck. He taped out over 185” with the “official” grandma blue sewing/scoring tape. We had a great hunt, just not many good bucks running around this year. Maybe it was the fire, drought, or too many tags recently? I don’t know but it was a harder than normal year. Maybe the late hunt will benefit and be epic.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom