2020 B6 Blacktail

walkonedown

I am looking for information for a 2020 Blacktail hunt in the B2/B6 zones, currently I am planning an opening week hunt around Man Eaten Lake and Woolley Lake and am not able to find a trail to Woolley Lake or if a trail to the lake exists. I am planning on a 7 day backpack hunt and would appreciate insight on the region.
284D1A72-BA95-41F9-A26C-DC441550E808.jpeg

I would be willing to help with western Colorado information (Archery/Muzzle/Rifle) if anyone is looking to plan a Deer, Elk, Bear, Desert Sheep hunt here in the Northwest Co.
Thanks
2FC648DD-C0B9-4692-997E-F045012C208E.jpeg
3EEB134B-D28B-4971-978D-EE4A5F288614.jpeg
4CC3D1A2-F726-421B-8450-54C0ADFB32B9.jpeg

Ok looking at my onx. kidder creek trailhead would be your shortest route it looks like. But both Man eaten and wooley lake are off trail.

I have been able to find several posts about the trail to Man Eaten Lake and can see it on Google Earth however I cannot see and have Not found any post/reference to a Wooley lake trailhead or trail
Thanks

I've fished Maneaten Lake but I don't think there is a trail from there to Wooley Lake. It's open enough to probably bush whack your way but it looks steep and rugged. The Cabin Gulch Trail from the south comes close but still looks tough.

If you make it there give a fishing report please. :)

Thanks guys
Eelgrass that is correct, I have heard rumor that there is a small marked trail over the top to Wooley?!? unfortunately no fly rod this trip! Making plans for the first week of June 2021.
It’s getting close and I am pretty committed to the Wooley drainages at this point
Appreciate you guys and your time/ input
Hopefully your 2020 season exceeds your expectations ?

I watched the weather for visibility for the first week of October for Happy Camp, Sawyers and Etna and it averaged about 7miles so I headed out, when I drove into Yreka I could tell there wasn’t going to be anything close to 7 mile visibility and at 6,200 feet it was about 200 yards! I did pack in and was choking for 3 days! I had planned my hunt around glassing a large burn and it just didn’t work out.
thanks for checking, I will be back for another chance next year?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom