2020 Big Game Regs Book

fallguy

OK, I am impatient, I admit it. Anyone have any intel as to when the BG regs info will either be posted online or received in the mail? Last year I got hardcopy in the mail on Feb 13 and it the online version was posted on Feb 14.

I'm guessing it will be a little later this year with the late changes to the SW units going draw instead of OTC this year

I have a copy that I picked up at a CPW meeting in Jan. If you have a specific ?, I'd be glad to look it up. The doc is a hard copy and is 230 pages so can't post it.

I'd heard they are changing the leftover draw process so anxious to read the new process! Sounds like they'll have a 2nd drawing instead of getting tags via the internet or local lisc dealers. So that would generate more income via application fees but the counter might be that the new system would be more fair to everyone. ie. Don't have to be 1st in line at a lisc agent or have high speed internet.

I'd heard they are changing the leftover draw process so anxious to read the new process! Sounds like they'll have a 2nd drawing instead of getting tags via the internet or local lisc dealers. So that would generate more income via application fees but the counter might be that the new system would be more fair to everyone. ie. Don't have to be 1st in line at a lisc agent or have high speed internet.

You can download it now.

Not a huge change.

1582038436006.png

Isn't the main change now is that they'll collect another app fee whereas before via the leftover process there was no fee? At least I don't recall having an app fee with the old process. Overall, this might be considered more fair in that everyone that wants a chance at the 2nd go-round will not have to be first inline or have a high speed computer connection to get a more desirable tag? So good for some people I guess and more $ for CPW!

If you want to see the changes coming this year and in future years with the secondary draw I suggest watching this 10-minute presentation from the November Commission meeting.

there will still be leftover day in early August. The 2nd draw replaces the leftover draw. With most of the re-issued tags available on leftover day I don't think this changes much of anything.

What's up? My online is showing Friday the 9th for the 1st rifle Bull opener and Friday the 23rd for the 2nd rifle Bull opener??

OK I was looking at page 4 and it was worded kinda screwy. That apparently is the cutoff date. Page 34 shows the 10th and the 24th as the opening dates.

Last edited:
The app process for the second draw begins the 5th of June and the payment deadline for the first draw is June 19th so it isn't possible this year. But what I gather from oaks video, they will try to change those dates next year to enable them to put those unpaid for tags of the first draw, into the second draw. At least that was my interpretation.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom