2020 Colorado Muzzy Bull

lostinOregon

Very Active Member
I thought I would share some pics of my Colorado muzzy bull from this year.

Rich

43A6ECFC-F2B8-4418-80FB-D53B0E0ABBDB.jpeg

DE5E1A50-07E9-41FA-A33E-8F5D4FD9DE21.jpeg

I am fortunate to have a private piece to hunt elk on that has a large herd And gets bigger when pressure hits the public land. Was hunting 2nd seasons and always done well. Wanted to try muzzy so drew last year with 1 point. It was a rut-fest with bugling, sparing and lots of activity. Chased a big bull all season, but settled for a 6x5 the last evening. This year I didn’t draw, but got a leftover tag. The big bull was back with his signature kickers. There was no rut-fest this year. Very little bugling, activity at first and last light only. He was coming out too late to shoot. But some mornings was staying out late feeding. On day 6, I cut him off on his way back to his bed with his 100 cows. Double lunged him ar 103 yards and the pics are where he ended up.

Rich

that’s a great bull! Don’t really see extras like that! Are you going to mount him?

Awesome Rich. You always do well. It was just to hot and dry this year and every thing was off on the hunt and much more difficult. Congrats. Look forward to hanging out with you for a week again. Last time was Wyoming and this time it will be Colorado.

I am and I know it. I am very lucky and don’t take it for granted. What’s funny is everyone thinks the elk stay on the private during late seasons and by 3rd and 4th they are back to the public except for a few stragglers.

Rick, looking forward to you being my Sherpa and finding a big buck!!!!!

Rich

Already shared this with you Rich but congrats and in my opinion...it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Rich helped me with a hunt a couple years ago and was very generous with his time and information. I greatly appreciated that.

Servehim,

Your gonna ruin my reputation if you keep that up. I also know that you even shot a bigger bull than mine........

Rich

Lol, even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion. Climbed a lot of hills over the last 5 days in search of a muley but all I got was stronger legs and many great memories.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom