2020 Draw.

Do you think you will draw something this year?

• Yes. The tag I wanted.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Yes. A mid range hunt that I sort of wanted.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No. But I have an out of state tag.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No.....

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
I plan to draw a bull elk tag and my quality deer. I have 14 pts. (Kinda kidding) Reason is, like you said, long odds. However, i plan to find the best odds and dump my points. Truth is, ive been on some of the best draws and wasnt that impressed. Enjoyed some lower end ones tremondously.

had a desert deer tag one year and had a blast didn't shoot the biggest buck I saw but still a nice one

Went on the desert rut tag (rifle) 2 yrs ago with my buddy that drew. Great tag and would love to go again. Just the odds...heck im looking at some of the blacktail tags just to get one.

nope, drew Quality deer last year and Quality elk 2 years ago and already drawn moose. Very little confidence this year here. Heres to other states with much better odds

I havent done ID...but put in for a few long shots in UT deer and antelope. I have 12 pts for deer and 3 for antelope. The 2 to 5 % is better than WA for sure...even though Inhave 14 in WA and im going for lower end stuff!

Not sure if im doing Nev but have 12 pts for stuff there.

Wy I have 10 deer pts im cashing in so that one is my anchor hunt.

Man...looking at the proposed tag numbers....not many went up and plenty went down (not by a ton). Last years cuts were brutal. Especially bull elk.

Moved across the river to WA 4 years ago and have yet to hunt WA one time. Not sure when or if I ever will. Been putting in for a E side archery elk tag, but this year my son drew AZ so I just threw in for a Wenaha rifle tag just to get another point. I figure I'll maybe draw one E side archery tag in my life and that will be my only WA hunt.

Lived here my whole life, if I draw anything its the cherry on top. Cant count on anything but I've had some amazing hunts in this state on some of the draw tags so each year I hope I get pulled.

I am waiting to see what happens with the shutdowns, before I give them any money this year. Still considering a couple quality deer and elk areas.

Worst case they will give you your pts. A friend is hoping he gets to go on his Sherman Spring bear hunt. Even for a weekend. He drew with 2 pts, so getting his pts back means nothing to him however.

No.
Wildlife is so mismanaged.
Draw odds sink.
Max points for sheep, moose, goat.
But we all know that doesn't mean anything.
Maybe I wasted allot of $.

I apply for a particular hunt every year with two buddies.....one has 16 point, one has 15 points, and I have nine points. The odds say it takes an average of 7 points to draw.
I doubt we will draw this year, but the kicker of of it all is that one of my buddy's granddaughter drew that hunt last year with ZERO points!

Not to be a downer but average is part of it. One I do has a 12 point average but has 1100 putting in averaging that many...

It hurts.....

The listed average is very misleading.
Should be removed from regs.
If there are 3 tags. First hunter has 24 points second has 0 and third has 3 than the average is 9 nine points to draw.
Non of the hunters had close to 9 points. Very misleading.

my only joy is that the units I put in for were all drawn with the points I had going in so I was in the running just not a finisher

my only joy is that the units I put in for were all drawn with the points I had going in so I was in the running just not a finisher

Not sure how you were in the running?
All the units I applied for were drawn with less points than I had. Points just increase your odds. That's all.

I'm not sure you know how Wyoming works the top point holders have first chance I had 20 points for moose 2 tags and 5 people applied all with 20 points there is no random draw in the unit I choice there were no tags left for the people with less than 20 points

no in Washington there is no guarantee to ever draw a tag no matter where you sit in the points pool

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom