2020 Elk, meat pole

TheOneRidgeRunner

Was a good opening day.

20201015_180820.jpg

Way to go Tracker you get your bull every year..........Are those any bull units or limited entry
Thanks. I seem to get lucky every year and have one fall on my barrel. Mine was a 68 yard neck shot with the 300 RUM right through the jugular Glad I brought the distance gun LOL! He bugled and pushed his cows right out in front of me. Was one of those experiences that you visualize and dream about happening! My buddies bull walked behind him at 80 yards. Snapped a stick and caught my buddies attention. That was the last stick that bull snapped. He opted for the 80 yard lung shot. Lost the blood trail after 50 yards. I came over to help him find the blood trail and accidentally stumbled onto his dead bull lol!
Here is the shot comparison:

F8453E23-034D-45B7-8AAF-DD04111147B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. I seem to get lucky every year and have one fall on my barrel. Mine was a 68 yard neck shot with the 300 RUM right through the jugular Glad I brought the distance gun LOL! He bugled and pushed his cows right out in front of me. Was one of those experiences that you visualize and dream about happening! My buddies bull walked behind him at 80 yards. Snapped a stick and caught my buddies attention. That was the last stick that bull snapped. He opted for the 80 yard lung shot. Lost the blood trail after 50 yards. I came over to help him find the blood trail and accidentally stumbled onto his dead bull lol!
Here is the shot comparison:

View attachment 15272
is that an any bull unit or limited entry just wondering. I believe you hunt General bull units if I remember right. But you get er done each year. Congrats

is that an any bull unit or limited entry just wondering. I believe you hunt General bull units if I remember right. But you get er done each year. Congrats
Any bull unit. My dad got a call from dwr a while ago. Someone turned in their late Manti rifle tag. So we are hunting big bulls in November this year! Hoping for a little weather. Just need a skiff of snow to make that hunt a bit easier. We’ll see how the old man does. Today is his 74th birthday.

Any bull unit. My dad got a call from dwr a while ago. Someone turned in their late Manti rifle tag. So we are hunting big bulls in November this year! Hoping for a little weather. Just need a skiff of snow to make that hunt a bit easier. We’ll see how the old man does. Today is his 74th birthday.
I'm voting for the ole man he'll make you proud I hope he gets a big one. If you need any help getting rid of some of that elk meat give me a call text anything. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom