2020 Mexico Coues Deer Season-Part 1

2020 Mexico Coues Deer season was one of the tougher seasons that I’ve seen in 24 years due to sporadic rut and slightly below average antler growth but we were still able to find some great bucks?? We hunt the mountain ranches of Mexico because of our love for spot and stalk hunting and lots of long range glassing. Pictured below, Chris Costa and Coleden Mercer with Chris’ personal best coues??❤️Special Thanks to Preston and Coleden Mercer for some amazing glassing and guiding that week.
D212EA89-87AF-45AE-A3BD-6921FB68FAA6.jpeg

Hey Jay, what would you say would be the biggest factor was for lack of antler growth and lack of deer numbers this year?

Hey Jay, what would you say would be the biggest factor was for lack of antler growth and lack of deer numbers this year?
We had zero monsoon rain in July and August. That is usually our biggest time for moisture. I think it led to poor to average antler growth and inconsistent rut due to poor body conditions for the does. Some people may have had better or worse conditions and have witnessed better or worse rutting reports. For us I would say probably one of the worst years in thee 24 years that I have gone down. The good news is there is always next year!

Awesome Deer. How would you rate the security/safety of hunting in Mexico?
I've been listening to all your coues podcast over the last couple weeks. Looking into AZ for my youth sons coues deer opportunities in 2020. As a NR I've never applied outside of NM so it's all new and brain racking lol.

Awesome Deer. How would you rate the security/safety of hunting in Mexico?
I've been listening to all your coues podcast over the last couple weeks. Looking into AZ for my youth sons coues deer opportunities in 2020. As a NR I've never applied outside of NM so it's all new and brain racking lol.
I’ve never had a single problem in 24 years of hunting down there BUT there is absolutely some areas to steer clear of to play the percentages in your favor. Amazing country, people, terrain and Coues and Gould’s turkeys??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom