2020 regs are posted on the website!

I see youth will get priority in the leftover draw, will it be limited to 15% as in the regular draw? With so few tags available for many hunts, some kids will be hitting the woods this fall with some killer tags. Kinda puts the kabosh on the leftover draw if your not 12-17. I asked CPW this and will see what they say.

I see youth will get priority in the leftover draw, will it be limited to 15% as in the regular draw? With so few tags available for many hunts, some kids will be hitting the woods this fall with some killer tags. Kinda puts the kabosh on the leftover draw if your not 12-17. I asked CPW this and will see what they say.

I don't think they put limits on it.

Per regulation, youth have been given priority in the leftover draw for many years. In the past it never came into play much, with regard to primo (re-issue) tags. The only real change now, compared to the old "leftover draw", is that everyone is eligible to apply in the Secondary Draw. Not just the people who specified it as an "unsuccessful option" on their original app. There might be a scant few "good tags" (i.e., some very early re-issues) in this secondary draw, but most likely the leftover list will continue to be pretty weak, just like in the past. Usually this list contains mainly just the leftover quota from low-demand hunts. Any turned-back tags showing up on the list would have to have been turned in prior to June 5th, because that's the day the application period begins for the secondary draw. Conceivably, there could be some already turned-in from the earlier-posted species. But since the main draw (elk, deer, bear, pronghorn) results aren't scheduled to be posted until "June 1-5", that doesn't leave much time for any of those licenses to get turned in. Most of the "good stuff" (turned-in tags) will appear as leftovers later. First with "leftover day" on August 4th, and then on the daily re-issue lists, which begins on August 11th.

Last edited:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom