2020 Utah Archery Buck Down!

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
My 77 year old Father-in-law drew a book cliffs archery deer tag in 2019, but hurt his back days before the hunt and had to surrender the tag. He was able to draw again this year and took his first ever velvet mule deer with his bow on opening morning. It was a blast for me to be there with him and capture it all, including the kill shot on video. Here is a short clip of his hunt:

So rewarding helping someone else get it done Congrats on a great archery buck. Took me back to 2010 when I had that tag. Thanks for sharing.

Great Buck, Awesome Video and Memories that last forever. Congrats to you guys on getting it done. Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed watching!

Super cool experience. I love that you captured it on film. I got to see my 79 year old father put a back pack on on go with my brother sister and several nieces and nephews into the uintas. Hunting/fishing camping with an aging dad who provided the love of the outdoors is absolutly awesome. Congrats on the buck but more importantly congrats on the experience with your father.

Great job ! Your video came out great ! I guess your not using a IPhone? My grandpa kill his last elk at 92 years young. Tell old Jim he still has a few good years under his belt. ?
That is awesome for your grandpa!! I hope I am still hunting at 80, let alone 92!! I did capture the video with an iPhone 11??

Very nicely done!

love to see the old guys out getting it done!

my old man at 73 just got a call from dwr and was offered a late season big bull tag because someone surrendered their permit.

looking forward to what perhaps might be my last big hunt with my dad!

Gonna be a riot!

Tell the old man congrats! What a way to get it done! Bow hunting at any age is tough!

Outstanding! I bet everyone was getting excited, nervous, and anxious as those bucks seemed to know you were there, but came anyway. Well done! I can tell that scouting and preparation paid off. Great job, and thank you for sharing.

elkhunterUt this is awesome, I also drew an Bookcliffs Archery tag this year, congrats to your day on an beautiful Buck...this is what great memories are made of...

1.jpg

The YouTube video was deleted but I posted a new link a few posts up in Post #50 that should work??

Very, very cool.... congratulations to your father in law. Great memories preserved forever.

I just put the puzzle together... we have a mutual friend (Shad) who is camped up there with an elk tag. He told me about your father in laws success. Ed F

Very, very cool.... congratulations to your father in law. Great memories preserved forever.

I just put the puzzle together... we have a mutual friend (Shad) who is camped up there with an elk tag. He told me about your father in laws success. Ed F
Right on-that’s cool. Congrats on your great Book Cliffs buck!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom