2021 AK Sheep hunt

SS!

Long Time Member
Is in the books.
FD4B03ED-B2BB-4ED0-BC52-1B6140D324C0.jpeg

Nice work! Congratulations! Gotta love being a resident of Alaska. How is the sheep herd looking this year? I know last year was a tough year for hunters and to find good legal rams. I also heard last year there were a lot of 6-7 year old rams that would be coming up through the ranks, do you believe that to be a true statement?

Nice work! Congratulations! Gotta love being a resident of Alaska. How is the sheep herd looking this year? I know last year was a tough year for hunters and to find good legal rams. I also heard last year there were a lot of 6-7 year old rams that would be coming up through the ranks, do you believe that to be a true statement?
It’s a little early to tell but I do know that this previous winter was a tough one too. I heard one outfitter cancelled all his sheep hunts for this fall after some preseason scouting. Last year non resident success was down to 54%. I suspect it’s going to be in that range again.

All you can do is go hunt it when you can, timing is everything. Just hope you catch your area on a good year. Worst case is you have to go again to get it done….

What’s up with that hoof? You chase him off some rock pile to that field of wildflowers just for the cool pics?(y)

Well done SS.
Sheep hunts are always an adventure, regardless of the outcome, but success makes them epic.
Your opportunities are just dreams for most of us.

Caribou in the freezer, leave for moose tomorrow. Might get to the story this winter after guiding season. Here’s the ram on the ground:

6938B6CF-630D-4093-A7AB-1D5BB0C57960.jpeg

The short version of the story: While I pulled the trigger I had two of my best friends on this hunt that were key to to the success of me getting this ram. The only one missing was Bambistew but he was on his own sheep hunt. While I don’t generally consider myself a lucky person I do feel like I’m the luckiest person when it comes to friendships and having a wife that knows I need a lot of time in areas where cell phones do not work.

-Enso

Awesome ram! I heard the conditions were crappy this year with very little good weather opportunities. Congratulations again and it’s awesome you got a great ram on a tough year !

All late, you effer!

Great looking ram! I'd pop 'im. ;)

As a resident, how often do you get the ability to hunt Dall? Is Alaska a preference/bonus point draw or truly random draw?

Congrats again.

All late, you effer!

Great looking ram! I'd pop 'im. ;)

As a resident, how often do you get the ability to hunt Dall? Is Alaska a preference/bonus point draw or truly random draw?

Congrats again.
Residents can hunt OTC and every year. Non residents are limited to one ram every 4 years.

No points system here thank god!

Residents can hunt OTC and every year. Non residents are limited to one ram every 4 years.

No points system here thank god!
I had no idea--very cool. I view Dall as once-in-a-lifetime, or in my case, never-in-a-lifetime. However, still love looking at cool pictures and reading interesting threads about others' successes. Congrats again.

Caribou in the freezer, leave for moose tomorrow. Might get to the story this winter after guiding season. Here’s the ram on the ground:

View attachment 51567

The short version of the story: While I pulled the trigger I had two of my best friends on this hunt that were key to to the success of me getting this ram. The only one missing was Bambistew but he was on his own sheep hunt. While I don’t generally consider myself a lucky person I do feel like I’m the luckiest person when it comes to friendships and having a wife that knows I need a lot of time in areas where cell phones do not work.

-Enso
Smoker old heavy ram!??
Congratulations!!

I had no idea--very cool. I view Dall as once-in-a-lifetime, or in my case, never-in-a-lifetime. However, still love looking at cool pictures and reading interesting threads about others' successes. Congrats again.
I feel very lucky to get to go every year. I’m at the point where I don’t have to kill a ram and most years I don’t. I like the adventure, seeing new country and having self imposed goals. And those three together and success goes way down hahaha.

I feel very lucky to get to go every year. I’m at the point where I don’t have to kill a ram and most years I don’t. I like the adventure, seeing new country and having self imposed goals. And those three together and success goes way down hahaha.
Yeah, yeah...well, killing a ram like that doesn't suck either...

Just a perfect ram to kill, well done.

That old bruiser had very few winters left in him and in my book age is a bigger part of "trophy" than inches in sheep.

Dandy work SS, but that's kinda the expectation for some.
Well done!

Heck of a season buddy!! Congrats on the success. Can’t wait for a write up this winter! Love the pic of a hard earned beer and meal after a hunt. Man I gotta get to AK someday soon.

SS i think you and i need to start a freind relationship. @DoubleDropMuley and I can come up and hunt. I get to shoot first. Very impressive animals this year. Nice work.

If i have to wear sweat pants to make this work then i will.
I have bad news to report @nfh . My sweat pants got a hole in them after 10 years and they didn't make it off the mountain. Proof of death:

IMG_2378.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom