2021 Archery Bull Elk Success Photo Contest

Photo contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Let's see your 2021 Archery Bull Elk Success! Share your best photos (or/and video), along with some details too!

We'll run the contest for a few weeks and winners will be picked based on what I think is are the best field photos......I'll let "Likes" of photos also help guide me.

The contest prizes will be a Phone Skope Kit for 1st place and Pyro Putty and an Arch Lighter for 2nd place. Thanks to the folks at Phone Skope for the gear! If you don't already own the a Phone Skope, then get over to their site and get one......that is if you don't win one here! It's a valuable piece of gear to have with you for helping to preserve your hunting and scouting adventures.

Get Yourself a Phone Skope
phone=skope-12720.jpg

Let's see your 2021 Archery Bull Elk Success! Share your best photos (or/and video), along with some details too!

We'll run the contest for a few weeks and winners will be picked based on what I think is are the best field photos......I'll let "Likes" of photos also help guide me.

The contest prizes will be a Phone Skope Kit for 1st place and Pyro Putty and an Arch Lighter for 2nd place. Thanks to the folks at Phone Skope for the gear! If you don't already own the a Phone Skope, then get over to their site and get one......that is if you don't win one here! It's a valuable piece of gear to have with you for helping to preserve your hunting and scouting adventures.

Get Yourself a Phone Skope
View attachment 51865

Arrowed this morning here in AZ:

DSC_0024.JPG
9A111539-D94C-4329-BFCF-0EEBC31B7487.jpeg

Best bull of my life, 20 inch fronts and big thirds. Got to hunt with my cousin for the first time and had two good friends along also. Had never seen a bull with a palmated antler before. We had great time scouting and saw this bull the first day and caught up to him again on the third day. Went up to Wyoming for Pronghorn after the elk hunt, made for a great two weeks.

AZ elk 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Best bull of my life, 20 inch fronts and big thirds. Got to hunt with my cousin for the first time and had two good friends along also. Had never seen a bull with a palmated antler before. We had great time scouting and saw this bull the first day and caught up to him again on the third day. Went up to Wyoming for Pronghorn after the elk hunt, made for a great two weeks.

View attachment 52950
nice bull ! congrats

I'm surprised there are not more pics (yet)
sorry I didn't get a tag this year
I've been out a few times and have called in 5 different bulls, ill try to post a small vid

I was fortunate enough to draw the same limited entry tag in Utah that my brother had drawn the previous year. I was planning on a long tough hunt. On my second day hunting I put a stalk on the heard with the wind in my face. The entire heard(50 elk) soon passed me between 5-15 yds. Unbelievable experience.
2B18B9C6-18DD-4973-A809-6CC34F815596.jpeg
This bull ended up being the 2nd six point in the herd. He passed me first at 13 yds but a cow was in between us. I let him move out another 15 yds. He was quartered away from me. One well placed arrow with my 30 yd pin, and the rest was history.
EDAF04BB-634F-4FCE-B833-473496475C90.jpeg
0F39CEA9-5532-4BF6-A2BD-B5195386F343.jpeg

7A440D35-8C93-4A19-8A97-268DA98068B0.jpeg

AEBE50AA-F948-43AC-B895-5D9473DCAF77.jpeg

It ended up being a much shorter hunt than expected, but I’m grateful for an awesome bull and time with family up on the mountain.

Was able to get my first Bull with archery equipment this year. Had some great call-ins of a 320 6x6 with no shot opportunities and so much fun chasing bugles. Finally had a buddy come up to help out and was able to tag an eager little rag horn, but Co OTC unit I will take it.

ADAA9964-E4B3-42D0-BB0B-5D0E1157EA82.jpeg

Here are a few pics of my sons 6 X 6 bull this year in AZ. There were 4 of us with tags this year & the bulls were singing every day. We each had several good opportunities but 3 of us just couldn't quite close the deal.
I had what, I believe, is the biggest bull I have ever seen at just under 50 yards, quartering towards me at about 30 degrees. Between the distance, and the angle, I just didn't feel comfortable with the shot, , , , , so I held off & waited for him to turn full broadside and/or move a little closer. He finally got nervous & walked away. I didn't shoot because I know what it feels like to wound & lose a bull. I don't ever want to feel that way again.
I included a pic that another hunter kindly sent us. He caught this bull on a tank in the area before the season opened. The bull I held off on was considerably bigger than this! :oops:
Great times with no complaints!
Good luck to all & congratulations to all the successful hunters, , , including the ones that didn't put a tag on a bull.

Elkchaser

Brians 2021 Bull.jpg

Well done.jpg

bull on turkey tank.jpg

nice bull.jpg

Good times.jpg

Was able to get my first Bull with archery equipment this year. Had some great call-ins of a 320 6x6 with no shot opportunities and so much fun chasing bugles. Finally had a buddy come up to help out and was able to tag an eager little rag horn, but Co OTC unit I will take it.

View attachment 54080
Well done! I have hunted CO for OTC Archery bulls many times and have yet to close the deal with my bow.
Congratulations! Obviously, you didn't get the word that "Bulls in CO get hunted so much, they don't respond to calls!":cool:;):)

My wife got her first archery bull after at least 8 years of trying. She has hunted harder than most and never had it all happen right. My son age 11 and I were calling for her. By far the best hunt I have had.

Bonus I had the video running after the shot! She seriously had about all the highs and lows an archery hunter could have…

FBB32081-ECAB-4788-B38D-A1E6BF8C76E8.jpeg

Elk.jpg

Well after 15 days of hunting, I was finally able to notch my archery tag on my first bull. I was 50 yards away from the biggest bull I've been around 2 days in a row and just couldn't make it happen. Archery is so tough and I would be lying if I said it didn't frustrate me most of the hunt. I was on great bulls but couldn't get it done. My friend and I called this bull into 25 yards and the rest is history. Although he isn't as big as others I was close to, I wouldn't change a thing.

Solo Idaho elk hunt, so pictures aren't great. I had 30 minutes of light when I got to him, and a whole lot of work ahead of me. I had to pull him out of the tree and tie him off, so he didn't slide down the hill while I was working on him.
I called him to this ledge above, but he wasn't coming down until he saw the sexy cow whispering sweet nothings. Shot at 60yrds, full pass through, down in 15 seconds. But he kicked himself off the ledge, breaking his 6th point on one side. Packed him out for 2.5 days, up and down 2100'. Definitely feel like I earned every scrap of meat. Lots of good memories from this hunt...

20210922_200044.jpg

20210921_185946.jpg

20210921_185934.jpg

My wife got her first archery bull after at least 8 years of trying. She has hunted harder than most and never had it all happen right. My son age 11 and I were calling for her. By far the best hunt I have had.

Bonus I had the video running after the shot! She seriously had about all the highs and lows an archery hunter could have…

View attachment 54601
Congrats to the Mrs. on her Bull. Her tears say it all! Nothing like success on the mountain. Looks like you have some fine hunting partners there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom